Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

re:Corsa Exhaust...Appearance??

Stinger !!

Corvette
'08 Will Cooksey #144 Z06
re:Corsa Exhaust...Appearance??

The appearance of this new Corsa Sport system from the rear of the car looks terrible in my opinion! :mad

Anyone have Corsa on there C6?

Are we expected to 'paint' this muffler can look??

I thought these would have had a much more finished look...atleast the exposed area. Just a sanded brushed appearance with exposed welded hangers...looks terrible in my opinion...any comments?

View attachment 11740

I felt the exact same way when I put the Sports on my '07 coupe. Thought about painting the back of the cans black to help hide them. But, since I wasn't too happy with the sound of the Corsa's, took them back off and sold them.

Hi stinger,I just insattled bora...it looks great because the mufflers are transverse mounted....but the sound sucks...not much different than stock...feel like i wasted $$$$$...fyi..i`d rather have the sound with the bad looks...

man,that was "installed"...guess i shoud re-read before clicking..lol

Don't worry about it. We're not too critical about spelling here at CAC.

Hi stinger,I just insattled bora...it looks great because the mufflers are transverse mounted....but the sound sucks...not much different than stock...feel like i wasted $$$$$...fyi..i`d rather have the sound with the bad looks...

gatorp....as far as the sound of this Corsa Sport...not much difference than the stock exhaust sound. The only time you hear this system is when you nail the gas and get the rpm's up over 2000.

The stock system, in my opinion sounded very similar when nailed! When simply cruising, you hear nothing. Keep in mind though, this system is suppossed to increase exhaust flow by 64% over ths stock 'muffled' system...as reported by Corsa...that has to be worth something as well...

For the $1600 (installed price) I spent on this, I am having a real problem with excepting the appearance outcome...:mad ...if the appearance wasn't so (IMO) ridiculous I may have not even started this thread.

Point of interest here, this is not my first Corsa purchase. I put a set on my 'now owned' by "bobsvette"...'96 /C4 /LT4 (fellow CAC member) and I was very happy with the results...but, the mufflers are not visible like this C6 set up.

Anyhow, I sent an email with attached pic's to Corsa and I am waiting for a response from them...I will post the results of that inquiry.

I have the Corsa Sport with the Two 4 inch tips.

I think it could be a little shinier, and maybe be a little louder.
Overall, I'm satisfied with them.
I don't think the exhaust should define the whole car, its just a minor part of the car.

The appearance of this new Corsa Sport system from the rear of the car looks terrible in my opinion! :mad

Anyone have Corsa on there C6?

Are we expected to 'paint' this muffler can look??

I thought these would have had a much more finished look...atleast the exposed area. Just a sanded brushed appearance with exposed welded hangers...looks terrible in my opinion...any comments?

View attachment 11740

Here is the email response from Corsa regarding this thread...:confused
Guess I gotta break out the paint!!

Jim,

Thanks for the e-mail and the pictures.

The mufflers are more exposed than on previous systems, but in order to get the sound and no interior drone correct, the mufflers had to be that size and configuration.

Before we launched the C6 exhaust line, we had a spirited debate regarding what customers wanted relating to acoustics and appearance. We did some research with customers and it netted out that sound quality was the key attribute that drove their purchase consideration. For appearance, the majority said a brushed stainless look meets their needs. I believe that we have only had a few customers comment on the muffler appearance since the look is very different from the stock system, which I understand. Personally, I like the brighter finish of the mufflers. The factory mufflers get dirty and dull looking with time while the stainless finish stays nice and bright. A few customers that enter their vehicles in shows have polished the end cap of the mufflers. We know of one other that has painted the end caps with black high temperature paint. He said that it really makes the tips pop. Unfortunately we do not offer painted or high polished mufflers as an option to purchase.

If you chose to paint the mufflers, use a high temp paint and make sure the mufflers are clean. I would even wipe them down with acetone before painting.

Thanks again for choosing CORSA Performance!

Jim Browning Jr.
CORSA Performance

If it's any consolation, I feel exactly like you do about the appearance of the Corsa's from behind. I agonized over which exhaust to buy for a long time. I finally settled on the Corsa Sports since they seemed to be the most popular. I have an A6 so I ordered the system designed specifically for it. Immediately after having the system installed I realized I didn't like the sound. Granted, there was no drone, but there was a sound under light acceleration that I didn' like. Long story short - I removed the Corsa H-pipe and resonators and replaced it with the stock H-pipe. Now there's a small amount of drone under light throttle inputs like maintaining speed while going uphill, but all things considered it sounds much better now. Unfortunately, I can now focus on other things - like how ugly the back of the muffler cans are. I'm so obsessed about this anymore, that I can't get into or out of the car without first looking at the mufflers. Like maybe they're going to change if I keep looking at them. Anyway, I think I'm going to order a Magnaflow 15884 system. I've been researching it and I like the looks of the tips and especially the way the mufflers are mounted above the hangers and hidden under the trunk area. I haven't seen them in person, but I like how they look in the pictures I've seen. I also like how the pipe that holds the tips is routed out of the front of the muffler and under it. When viewing them from behind, all you can see is the tips. This is much better in my opinion. In addition, it seems that everyone who has them likes them and there doesn't seem to be an inordinate amount of drone with the 15884 system.

10mm

If it's any consolation, I feel exactly like you do about the appearance of the Corsa's from behind. I agonized over which exhaust to buy for a long time. I finally settled on the Corsa Sports since they seemed to be the most popular. I have an A6 so I ordered the system designed specifically for it. Immediately after having the system installed I realized I didn't like the sound. Granted, there was no drone, but there was a sound under light acceleration that I didn' like. Long story short - I removed the Corsa H-pipe and resonators and replaced it with the stock H-pipe. Now there's a small amount of drone under light throttle inputs like maintaining speed while going uphill, but all things considered it sounds much better now. Unfortunately, I can now focus on other things - like how ugly the back of the muffler cans are. I'm so obsessed about this anymore, that I can't get into or out of the car without first looking at the mufflers. Like maybe they're going to change if I keep looking at them. Anyway, I think I'm going to order a Magnaflow 15884 system. I've been researching it and I like the looks of the tips and especially the way the mufflers are mounted above the hangers and hidden under the trunk area. I haven't seen them in person, but I like how they look in the pictures I've seen. I also like how the pipe that holds the tips is routed out of the front of the muffler and under it. When viewing them from behind, all you can see is the tips. This is much better in my opinion. In addition, it seems that everyone who has them likes them and there doesn't seem to be an inordinate amount of drone with the 15884 system.

10mm

Check out this link...click on 'exhaust' on the left of page...lots of pic's and info!

http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/c6catalog.html

Here is another I found...very interesting appearance with 'hidden' polished mufflers...if you call them and mention you saw there add on a vette forum you can buy the complete set for $1059...not bad:

http://www.arkspeedracing.com/aboutus.asp

I just ordered a complete Magnaflow 15887 system from an Internet vendor in the Detroit area for $975. shipped. I put a Magnaflow system on my H2 earlier this week and have decided that in addition to liking the looks of the Magnaflow system for the C6, I much prefer the Magnaflow sound. Looks like I will soon have a Corsa Sport system for sale.

10mm

Check out this link...click on 'exhaust' on the left of page...lots of pic's and info!

http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/c6catalog.html

Here is another I found...very interesting appearance with 'hidden' polished mufflers...if you call them and mention you saw there add on a vette forum you can buy the complete set for $1059...not bad:

http://www.arkspeedracing.com/aboutus.asp

Corsa Exhaust

I have the Corsa Sport on my 2005. I have received numerous compliments on both its appearance and sound. In addition, I have won many car shows with this set-up. For me, it is the right systems for sound during acceleration and quiet for those long cruises.

I had Corsa on my 2006 Coupe, and their 3" system on my 2006 Z06. Completely satisfied and happy with the quality, sound and appearance. :)

Remember this...(those of you that like the rear look of the Corsa cans on a C6)

"Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder" :J

Personally, I think it is a result of poor engineering on Corsa's part!

Stinger, You are your own wost enemy, You have a state of the art car and you improved the performance by putting on the corsa's. When your going to be cruisin somewhere low"n"slow do ya really think people are going to be lookin a the ass end and critisize the exhaust? NO! But when you decide to stuff you foot into it I'll bet the driver will be quite pleased with the result's!! From the one (1) pic I have seen (and it was from only probably three feet away) I like the appearance of them. The picture makes you focus on just that part of your car :SLAP :v Need more pic's!! Later..........

Corsa

I have to agree. The Borla's look better. IMHO.:)

Everyone is convincing me to leave mine alone, stick with stock, and invest in the exhaust panel cover plate I saw in another thread. I don't like the looks of the stock exhaust area, but the panel seems like the best solution, notwithstanding performance increase needs. Or better sound.
All the systems have trade offs with regard to looks, annoying sound at rpms, and hp gain. Too expensive of a mistake to make for me.

Bullet

I think the BB Bullet fills out the exhaust area nicely. I added the center section x-pipe and resonator and it sounds great: just the right amount of rumble with a minimum of resonance. Picture is kinda dark since I bought a digital camera with too many buttons on it and can't figure out how to work it half the time. :confused

DSC00456.jpg

DSC00466.jpg

Dave

Exhaust Cover Plate.

Personally I don't think that the exhaust plate with logos for the C-6 look very nice compared to the one for the C-5. The C5 plate is set back and glues to a flat plate; whereas the C6 just hangs from the rear bumper. Looks cheap to me.:ugh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom