Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Reading the description, I can't help but wonder...

*89x2*

I was surfing O/L and saw a set of bright red leather seats for sale - says "These came from a 1988 Callaway Aerovette but were incorrect for a museum piece. "

...Hmmm - wonder what car this is ;)

bright red seats
????? I wonder... ?????
attachment.php

That is just a damn beautiful car....too bad it had such a bad history or it would have been mine.

I heard the guy who bought it wanted it for show in a museum, its got to be the same seats.

So, are you guys alluding to this particular car being an "Ebay" car that was for sale many months ago and had the wrong seats installed in it after serious damage? The car was a salvage title or ?? ;shrug

EricVonHa said:
So, are you guys alluding to this particular car being an "Ebay" car that was for sale many months ago and had the wrong seats installed in it after serious damage? The car was a salvage title or ?? ;shrug

Yup the same car...it did have a salvaged title which I found after making an offer on the car. The original seller was a complete CROOK.

White/Red TT Aero

I had also talked to the former owner of this car a few times last fall and was getting ready to fly over to Denver in mid-December to look at the white Aero coupe. Just before my trip, the car was traded to an east coast museum owner. I was told by the owner that he traded the TT car for a Corvette Fixed Roof Coupe (about 35K miles) and about $5K in cash.

At the time I figured that trade/cash deal meant that he received about $28-29K for the car. His cash price at the time for the TT was $25K, a good deal, but probably not enough discount for a salvage title. The car had a relatively new 4+3 trans in it and it included a broken 4+3 trans that had gone the first 30,000 miles in the car.

In all of my discussions with the previous owner (about 3-4 phone calls), he never once mentioned that the car had a salvage title. I agree with SurfnSun, that is sort of a big thing to overlook until some money is on the table.

He probably also didnt' tell you he paid 18500 for the car! :eek That was the selling price on Ebay. The guy I originally spoke to was the one who sold it to the guy in denver. Ive been following this car for some time. I did make an offer of 15500 to the denver guy but he turned it down :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom