Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ready to move in

Corvette
1964 Red Convertible
Should be moving in to my new garage/shop this weekend. Added a 4th bay to my 3 car garage. I'd like to thank Rich LaGasse for responding to an email when I was in the design stage and trying to make a decision on the flooring.

Looks great!
What did you end up doing on the floor, paint or tile??

Thanks!

Very nice. I really like the black/white checkered flooring. It really makes it look like a hot rod shop.

That would keep any vette snug as a bug in a rug! :upthumbs

68Roadster,

It is Armstrong Vinyl Composite Tile (VCT). You can get it at Home Depot or Lowes. I paid $0.63 per tile. It is 1/8" thick and very easy to put down. Rich LaGasse has this in his garage and he told me it holds up very well.

The workbench has 14 Gauge Stainless Steel countertop. I've just come in from moving tools and other stuff into it.

Thanks Tad, are those 12 x 12?
I take it these require adhesive, they aren't the kind that are peel and apply?
I dread doing it but I like the look and I don't want to paint.

Yes, they are 12" by 12", and adhesive is required. It is really easy to install these tiles though. My garage extension is 17' x 19' and it took me about 6 hours total to do it. I used a trowel with notches (designed for these tiles) and spread out the glue. You then let the glue set for about 30 minutes and then begin laying them down. The working time is about 24 hours so its not like, once you put them in place you can't do anything. I had to pull one up about a day later and had no problems. One of the things Rich mentioned was that if one gets damaged, you just pull it up and replace it with a new one. I too considered the epoxy route, but the moisture barrier got damaged in a few placed when the cement was being poured so I knew that could come back to haunt me if I used the paint. I treated those spots with a moisture barrier, and think I'll be ok.

Sold....thats the way I'm going....just got off the Armstrong website. Read the installation process, rolling procedures, etc.....
I'll be checking the local Lowes and Home Depot tomorrow.
I too like the fact if you damage one you just replace the bad one....

Take care.

Your floor looks great, i did the same thing in my addition (22 x 40). i also took the time and inlaid a 8' red bowtie. Be sure you put a good coat of wax on it. i started parking on mine before i waxed it and the tires left brown tread marks on the white tile where i parked and i have not found anything that will remove them. I would post pic's but haven't figured out how to size them small enough. Bill

Bill,
If you have Microsoft Photo Editor just go to Image then resize....if not, I'm lost, sorry.

That is a great idea, I might have to try inlaying the C5 or C6 logo......

Lucky 3 said:
Here is my garage and floor. Bill

Beautiful garage, it looks great!

Can you tell me about the blue ’95 coupe on he wall? Looks like the one from the ’95 brochure. Did you have the brochure scanned and then a large output run out? Is the America’s Sports Car part of the run out?

B17Crew
:w

The Blue Coupe on the wall is a actual GM billboard sign 8' x 22', my wife and I put it up using glue from a sign company, wall paper paste didn't work. i think it was in 6 pieces. Bought it on Ebay for 50 bucks. Had it on the shelf for about two years before we got it up. The 3 smaller emblems on the left side are from 4walls.com i think. not sure anymore. they also do the 15" x 12' boarder you may have seen in some of the catalogs. Bill

Thanks for the info Bill, I really like the look. Doubt I’ll be able to find a C4 billboard though, :cry but at least now I can keep my eyes open for one should it come up.

B17Crew
:w

Lucky 3 said:
Your floor looks great, i did the same thing in my addition (22 x 40). i also took the time and inlaid a 8' red bowtie. Be sure you put a good coat of wax on it. i started parking on mine before i waxed it and the tires left brown tread marks on the white tile where i parked and i have not found anything that will remove them. I would post pic's but haven't figured out how to size them small enough. Bill

Thanks for the tip Lucky 3. I just went out and got the wax and will start tomorrow before bringing the Vette into it's new home.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom