Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear brake change.

zagger

Corvette
99 C5 Convertible
Does anyone have rear brake change drawing. I need to change my e-brake shoes, but I'm having tough time taking the caliper off. Please post if anyone has something, I don't wont to brake anything while experimenting.
Thank you.

The rear caliper should come off easy... It is the bracket bolts that are on very tight! I needed an extension on the rachet for leverage to get them off. 129Lbs Ft is the torque listed for the bolts per the GM service manuals. You must use Loc Tight on the bolts when you put it back together.

zagger said:
Does anyone have rear brake change drawing. I need to change my e-brake shoes, but I'm having tough time taking the caliper off. Please post if anyone has something, I don't wont to brake anything while experimenting.
Thank you.

I'm betting if anyone does, Vette747 does. He has an extensive collection of specification diagrams that's quite impressive. You may also try going to his website- a helpful resource!

-Patrick

Thanks Patrick.

I took a few minutes and created a new page for hand brake. I hope it will help. Do not hesitate to ask if you have specific question I did not covered.

Go to http://pages.videotron.com/vette747/ and scroll down to the Hand Brake Link.

Excellent work, Vette747! :upthumbs

You know, you and Warren S both have websites where you have some very helpful advice for Corvette owners on DIY projects. Thanks for sharing!

-Patrick

Beyond excellent! Thanks for the feedback.
Got the brakes adjusted and now I can get rid of the two bricks I've been riding with:L . You guys rock:_rock .

Cool !

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom