Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear "CORVETTE" emblem application

S

schoeassoc

Can the rear "CORVETTE" emblem be replaced on a 1979 without taking the bumper off? We can't seem to get at it unless we take off the bumper. They have a support that sits on top of the rear bumper bar (frame) that sets right behind the emblem and we can't get at it from below or behind it. Also, how is this emblem attached to the bumper. When we received the new emblem it didn't have speed nuts or adhesive. Anyone else experience this situation?
Your input would really help!!! Thanks Bill

from inside?

I thought I read somewhere that on the older C3s you could access that area from inside by removing the interior pieces and carpet.
But hey, what do I know?! Wait until someone with confirmed experience in this area chimes in before you go tearing into the vette!
Silver

On my 82, I just removed the spare tire and carrier. there were sped nuts that I had to take off, then I "cut" the adhesive with a sawing motion using fishing line. I reattatched it by putting emblem adhesive on the factory stuff to make sure it stayed on

thanks for pointing out that 'emblem adhesive' can help out in this situation.... my 76L-79 bumper emblem was recently vandalized by some teenagers when I was downtown, so I had to replace it. I'd been watching this post to get some ideas on how to secure my new one -- from looking under the bumper it looked like I'd have to remove the bumper to attach any kind of 'meaningful' support -- but adhesive will work nicely until my next paint job !!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom