Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear Deck Spoiler

J

jrizz1

I am interested in installing the Rear Deck Spoiler from ACI on my 2000 convertible. Has anyone istalled this spoiler themselves? How difficult is this and what should I expect to pay to have it painted Magnetic Red? Mid America has this for $400. Is there a cheaper place to order it? Thanks for the info.

Why spoil the lines of a special car????? Just my .02.....:confused

jrizz1 said:
I am interested in installing the Rear Deck Spoiler from ACI on my 2000 convertible. Has anyone istalled this spoiler themselves? How difficult is this and what should I expect to pay to have it painted Magnetic Red? Mid America has this for $400. Is there a cheaper place to order it? Thanks for the info.

You don't want to look like yet another discgraced C5 wanna be ricer!:ugh

Just kidding-

Seriously, what you may want to do is call a shop who does a lot of insurance work and see if they have a Vette there that needs to be repaired taht is the same color as yours. If they do, you could get them to paint it for cheaper (they should have a little left over!)!

I also agree that spoilers ruin the car. And by the way, that bodyshop senario where you get a break if someone else is having their Vette painted the same color is ludicris and will never happen. The labor is the money, not the paint. Call and ask but be prepared to get laughed at. Anyway, if you want it done, just walk into a reputable shop and ask them to attach the spoiler and paint to match. $500 range is a fair price. See how easy?

rear spoiler

I think the spoilers are great and and its very nice to see a vette that does not look like every other one. please do put that spoiler on. Whatever it takes to make YOU happy, my .02

PUSHIN440 said:
I think the spoilers are great and and its very nice to see a vette that does not look like every other one. please do put that spoiler on. Whatever it takes to make YOU happy, my .02
A spoiler?......OHHHH THE HORRORRRRRR

:confused No wing.....IMO......Leave that for the Airplane, they need them...You can FLY without one....Your car looks great without it.....IMO

:) da

Pac-man said:
Jimmiejam, why are spoilers O.K. if they are factory installed?

that's the point!! they ARE NOT factory installed!!!!!! da. therefore they do not look great. :)

Bottom line is that I also think spoilers look foolish, equally as foolish as a grown man saying da. I'm not stupid, I just did'nt get the factory installed comment.

I'm one of the minority, I guess, because I like some of the rear spoilers on C5's. I've seen some that are very low, and I think they enhance the car. In any event, you should do what you want! Let us know what you decide to do.

Elaine

Pac-man said:
Bottom line is that I also think spoilers look foolish, equally as foolish as a grown man saying da. I'm not stupid, I just did'nt get the factory installed comment.

no one said that you were stupid. lighten up....this is a comment forum. sorry that you failed to see the HUMOR in my comment and took offense.

Spoilers are like any other design element. They can be done tastefully, in a way that compliments and enhances the lines of the vehicle. They can be understated. And they can be overt and ostentatious.

And because we're talking about a design element- aesthetics- there's never going to be universal appeal to them.

I personally would not want to put a spoiler on my Corvette. In fact, the original owner of my Z06 once installed a rather hideous looking spoiler on it- and I made the dealer take it off and replace the rear deck lid (since the spoiler had been bolted onto it.)

But there are body kit spoilers I've seen, at MidAmerica Corvette, for example, that do look fairly nice.

I'm not advocating anyone go out and get a spoiler, unless they really feel the existing look of their Corvette is "unfinished," and they really want one. I personally don't see that an after market spoiler does that much to enhance the lines the Corvette origiinally came with- but other may, and it's their Corvette to do with as they please.

:w
-Patrick

jrizz - don't do it. There's a reason these things are called "spoilers"

Remo:cool

Antirice

got these from some other guy can't remember who but these are funny antirice pics.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom