Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear Glass mounts

Corvette
none right now :(
Anyone have a good plan to make the mounts on the rear glass (coupe, round black things) look better? I never had a problem on previous vettes, but this one has the two in the middle faded out to a white color.... a friend of mine has all 4 faded out... I have tried black chrome, armor all, silicone protectant, tire wet, waxing them... they look better for a while with black chrome and any of the silicone based products, but they never get all the way back to black, and it doens't last long... they look really bad with tinted windows too. If they have to be replaced, anyone know the best place? chevy kills me on prices.... thanks

Have you noticed the handles on some tools? The rubber coatings? Well they make it in black as well. It does not fade color and makes the "caps" look great. Just have to be a bit careful in applying to make it look natural.

My neighbor has an 85 coupe where he removed the caps and painted them with a high-temp aviation grade paint. He hasn't had any problems since. (But then he keeps it in the garage and only drives 2k miles a year.) ;)

I'll try to find out what type of paint he used.

Any hardware store either will have it or car order it. Just rubber coating stuff for tool handles. Works great...does not peel, fade or fall off.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom