Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Rear hatch quandary

AT4C4

Corvette
I have a strange problem with the rear hatch on my 84. It was setting for two years and when I installed a new battery the rear hatch popped open. Then every 8 seconds the solenoid clicked. If I close the hatch, in 8 seconds it will pop open. None of the switches seem to do anything. I pulled the fuse because the relay was really getting hot. I am trying to get to the center switch because I know mice have been making a home out of the Vette. I can't seem to get the center console out. I have the cover off. Yet how would a bare wire (if a mouse chewed through on) make the hatch open every 8 seconds?

I have a strange problem with the rear hatch on my 84. It was setting for two years and when I installed a new battery the rear hatch popped open. Then every 8 seconds the solenoid clicked. If I close the hatch, in 8 seconds it will pop open. None of the switches seem to do anything. I pulled the fuse because the relay was really getting hot. I am trying to get to the center switch because I know mice have been making a home out of the Vette. I can't seem to get the center console out. I have the cover off. Yet how would a bare wire (if a mouse chewed through on) make the hatch open every 8 seconds?

your car has many timers for everything from chimes to lighting to delays. 8 sec sounds familiar to a function...just cannot remember which.

I've had that console out...remove the bezel, find all the scews in the box and front mounts. Looking at a replacement helped me find all the attachements.

Well....I figured out how pop out the center hatch switch and unhooking it. Still cycling....so it isn't a bad switch there. On to the doors next.

Mine sometimes does it, not sure it's 8 seconds but, it's one of the switches in the door, sticking. Another push on the offending switch stops it......Roger.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom