Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear road noise

Don D

Corvette
2019 super sport
There is a lot of road noise from the rear while cruising. Has anyone tried the "Block It" insulation pad? Will the targa top still fit without removing the rear Grand Sport mat and the insulation pad. MFG said they did not "think" it should be a problem.

I had the block it kit in my17 Z06 which quieted down some of the tire road noise maybe 10% . After a while it seemed that my tire road noise was back at full strength so I just turned up the radio. When I traded the Z06 in 2019 for my 19 ZR1 I removed the block it kit and noticed that the noise was a lot louder so I installed in the ZR1. I thought about installing another kit on top of it but decided against it. I know if I change to non-run flat tires it would help a great deal along with a full installation of sound deadening material under the trunk carpets and floor boards and over the wheel wells and yes along with the block it kit.

There is a lot of road noise from the rear while cruising. Has anyone tried the "Block It" insulation pad? Will the targa top still fit without removing the rear Grand Sport mat and the insulation pad. MFG said they did not "think" it should be a problem.
I have the Block it kit and it is useless. Just a waste of money.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom