Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear window molding

V

vettasy

Should the rear window molding be chrome or blacked out for an 80?

Yoda

Administrator
Corvette
1981 UL5

vettasy,

The front & back window trim, rocker panel (between the front and rear wheels should be Black on the 80 ~ 81.

78SilvAnniv

trim colors

How about for my 78?
It appears the back trim was never painted, but the front had been. Shop did not paint it, and I thought they would....so I guess I'll do it myself. Is that correct for my car?

Sil

S

ssvett

I think that Black is corect for all 78-82's. I have seen a lot of them left chrome. The first year that Mid America had their Funfest, they took a picture of the cars(that year there were, maybe, 500 there) but I still had trouble finding my 1980 in the picture. Then I noticed the shiny chrome window trim......Maybe that's why I didn't win anything.........I like the trim both ways, depending on the color of the car. Dark, I think, should be chrome, light I think should be black. The black looks really good on a white car...........to me.......:cool ..........Steve

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
Black or Chrome

The black anodizing comes off over time and I think some people have just polished the rest of it off and left it shiney. I have a new one downstairs for the '81 and it is black. I know it wouldn't take much to finish polishing the black off of the old one. I agree that the bright finish looks better on the dark color cars.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom