Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Reasonable Selling Price

NMoline

Corvette
1984 Silver Coupe
I have a 1984 Silver Two Toned Corvette. It is in fair condition, the interior has some cracks in the leather and the carpet is in ok shape but you can tell its all original. The paint is not chipped or missing but there are some scratches in it.
The dashboard works fine,
The a/c does not work but I am not sure the cause.
Otherwise the car runs great no problems mechanically while driving.

I can post pics later but what is a reasonable asking price?

There are 125k miles on the car too.

I feel like I could only dream of getting $6,000. Most 1984 Vettes on Ebay sell for $2500-4000. Are there better markets/places for me to try and sell the car. Am I better off driving it around with a for sale sign in the back window?

I am cleaning it up this weekend and taking pictures I will have them up soon enough.

It's easier to go down in price than it is to go up.Keep in mind someone out there is looking for a silver 84.Try ever method you can think of to sell it.You may only get $2500 for it in the end .I'd still start at $6000.

You may only get $2500 for it in the end .I'd still start at $6000.[/quote]

I started my '84 (about same condition as yours) at $5500
finally got $3500 for it, of course mine had about 200,000 miles

well, the economy is not soo great to be selling. so expect less money.
if you can hold on to it for a year or 2, you may get better money then instead of now.
good luck.

Is the car all original? Bone Stock?
Do you have service records?
How long have you owned it?

It’s the first C4, so if its all stock, and you had if for awhile and have the service records and maybe some original documentation that would be a plus.

$3500 to 4k is what I would expect.

Look for online places to list your car. A few yrs ago I had a Riviera to sell, tried papers etc. etc. Finally I placed it on
Minnesota Cars The cost was $25 and stays listed until sold as long as you renew it each month. No additional cost.
The car sold very quickly and went 8 hrs away.
You may have a sight like that in your area.
As far as price , start high enough, the 6 k sounds like a good place to start. I have found if you price a car to low the first impression is, " what's wrong with it?" To high at least they think your selling a quality car.

Glenn
:w

Did you know it is illegal here in Indianapolis to have a car on your own property with a for sale sign in it. What a joke.

An 84 vette in decent shape is priceless, why would you sell it? It will be a classic in a few years and the value will go up and did you know there is a new intake manifold for the crossfire called the renegade! It produces 33 rear wheel horsepower and 16 lb/ft or torque that is about 50 hp at the engine. Don't sell it enjoy it. Why sell it? Are you going to buy a rustang:chuckle, anything but a corvette is a joke.

An 84 vette in decent shape is priceless, why would you sell it? It will be a classic in a few years and the value will go up and did you know there is a new intake manifold for the crossfire called the renegade! It produces 33 rear wheel horsepower and 16 lb/ft or torque that is about 50 hp at the engine. Don't sell it enjoy it. Why sell it? Are you going to buy a rustang:chuckle, anything but a corvette is a joke.

I am 24 and getting married soon. I don't ever see myself having the money to fix it up to mint and would prefer to just sell it and take the money I can get now.

Hi NMoline,
I bought mine last summer. 1984, 4+3, Z51, 109k. It needs weatherstripping and the seats and carpet are about the same as yours, good but not great condition. My dash also wasn't working ($300 to fix). My reverse is weak after it warms up, so I got it for $3500.
I'd ask the 6k. Like vett boy said, you can always lower the price. I don't know about your region but I would guess between $4/5k.

I tried listing my C3 on ebay. Twice with reserve and bidding went to $6500 once and $6000 the second time. Sold it last week for $7500 from craigslist (I was asking $8400). Your car looks very presentable in the pics - maybe having someone see it would do better than ebay.

I tried all kinds of other advertising and mostly I got trade offers for Harleys.

On the flip side, the reason I am here is I am shopping for an early C4 and I intend to spend $2500 or less for a straight one (some wear and tear OK). I have a drivetrain to put in and I am in no hurry so I'll find one. I think yours should go $3500-$4500 depending on how fast you want to sell it.

Man that is a clean car!,Bought my 84 in 02 for 8500 with 102k miles,never regretted it.there has been a few times ive thought bout selling her,but all i have to do is get in and go around the block and i come to my senses.now it has 168k........no no its a keeper,but if i had the 3 or 5k you want for it id buy it.Thats a clean car.

Hey everyone. I sold it for $3500 on ebay recently. If you are looking for good deals on Early Model C4's check out ebay. My car went for a higher price than most in better shape. Thanks for all your advice, maybe I short changed myself but I haven't found any other classifieds or sites where a car in my shape has gone above 4. I am sad to see it go but then again happy I got what I wanted.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom