Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rechromed Wheels

DougVette

Corvette
2004 Black convertible/Red interior
My C5 has the highly polished alloy wheels. I am looking at a few companies that chrome alloy wheels. Most of them are in California.

Have any of you ever done this and could you recommend anyone?

Also, since mine are already highly polished, would I be better off picking up a used set of regular wheels for the exchange and selling my wheels to someone else? I guess what I'm asking is are they worth more to someone over a set of regular alloy wheels.

Thanks,
Doug

Im pretty sure they will only take oem aluminum wheels if thats what they are giving you back. So if you are looking for chromed oem wheels (which btw are an excellent way to go) you would have to trade in oem aluminum wheels.

Unless you are saying that yours are in such good shape that you feel they may be worth more to someone who would trade you another set to exchange for the chromed ones you want.

I understand I need to send them back my wheels. Maybe I didn't word my question clearly.

First of all, this is a wheel exchange program where they send you a set of chromed wheels and after you do the install you send them back your old ones. If I send them back a set of OEM aluminum wheels and sell my highly polished OEM ones do you think I will come out ahead $$ wise?

Its probably me thats not understanding, but it would appear that you are describing a situation involving three sets of wheels when I assumed you were speaking about two.

Normaly in an exchange program, you get chromed ones and you send them the same type of wheel back.

You are speaking of having them send you a set of chromed wheels (1), selling your "highly polished wheels" (2), and sending them back some other wheels (3). Thats where you lost me . . .but . . .it doesnt matter :D

Whatever you work out with the vendor is what matters.

If you are asking, I would imagine a set of oem aluminum thinspoke wheels in very good condition (your highly polished ones) would get around $400 if sold privately . . .just an opinion if that helps.

Good luck

That's the scenario exactly. If I could pick up a set of OEM aluminum wheels for $200 to use in the exchange and sell my OEM highly polished ones for $400 I would be $200 ahead!

Just wanted to know if my highly polished wheels had any more value than plain ones.

And I'm still looking for anyone who has done this and can recommend a company.

Doug

First of all, I don't think you are going to be able to get exchanged factory chromes, from a reputable company, for $400. Usually going to run about $550 to $600. There are a number of them...one is WCC, they charge $595, your wheels have to be round, no structural damage or it costs more.

Yes, I know the chromed wheels are $595 and up. The $400 figure came from the previous posters guess of a value of $400 for my gently used highly polished ones.

I will check out your suggestion. Thanks!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom