Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Recommended Northern CA Mechanics

calcisco

Corvette
1989 Callaway
My '89 #26 w/auto now has about 170k. It's my daily driver and has to be reliable. A rear main seal leak is getting a little nasty and some fuel pump and sender unit repairs are looming. So does anyone have a REALLY experienced Callaway mech in North CA within, say, 100 mi of SF? It's tiresome to have to train someone new every time the old guy retires or moves away. Thanks. Calcisco;help

Unfortunately, the bay area is a bit more than 100 miles from Southern LA where Callaway is opening up shop but by far that would be my choice. There are other Callaway Owners in the bay area, perhaps they can chime in.

-Luigi
:cool

Hello - I asked a fellow Callaway owner in California who he might suggest, this is what he came back with.

I hope this is helpful :beer

There is one that if he can't handle it may know where to go. Ask
>for Mark or Tom
>Campbell Auto Restoration
>260 Cristich Ln., Unit A-1
>Campbell, CA 95008
>Bus: (408) 371-5522
>Bus Fax: (408) 371-5552
>E-mail: cmblautore@sbcglobal.net

Thanks. I didn't know that. They will definitely be my "Plan C" reserve. The difficulty I have with them, tho, is their business model requires repairs on the same pricing scale as the original vehicles were sold. My car is now old enough to have its own driver's license, and I have to price repairs accordingly.

Hello - I asked a fellow Callaway owner in California who he might suggest, this is what he came back with.

I hope this is helpful :beer

That's a great lead. I'll get on it today. Thanks. Calcisco

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom