Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Regarding the 87 Calloway.

1989 406

Corvette
1989 406
I am looking at an 87 which cosmetically looks just like the stock 87 Vette with the exception of the Calloway motor. The hood is slightly different and the wheels are stock. The person selling it, said that the 87 Calloway did not go to the hood with the triangles and the different wheels until 1988.

Anyone know anything about this?

Here's a link to the Callaway Corvette page in the CAC Model Center, found under specialty Corvettes:

Corvette Action Center | Model Center | Callaway | 1987 Callaway Twin Turbo Corvette

I'm not aware of any Callaways limited to JUST an engine upgrade, but I suppose it's possible. It's my understanding that to be considered a 1987 Callaway Corvette, the car would be an RPO B2K car.

And the B2K designation should be somewhere on the paperwork... at least that's what I think.

:wJane Ann

If memory serves, all '87s got the NACA (triangular) ducts in the hood. The hood ducts were removed from 88-90, and then returned in '91 in the form of a blister scoop.

As for the wheels, I think the wheels were optional in '87 (16" Dymag), but I'm not certain on that one.

And you may not have the B2K option code on your car. First, it was possible to send your own car to Callaway for conversion. These cars did not carry the 'B2K' option code that a factory ordered Twin Turbo would (although they were built exactly the same).

Plus, in '87 only, several cars were pulled from regular production to 'seed' the Twin Turbo production. Although technically these would be 'B2K' option cars, these cars would not have the 'B2K' option code either.

Your best bet for checking production statistics is to hit The Callaway Owners Group.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom