Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

relay question

corvette66

Corvette
1969 427
yet another post in the hopes of solving problems on my tore up 74.

on the pass side of the fire wall is a relay screwed to the cover of the heater box thing. do you know what realy this is? also right above that relay is another connector a plug of some sort and it is screwed in to the firewall, there is no cover on it though, but it is def a connector for something. i think there was 3-4 wires to it, one side there was a black wire plugged in, and the other side of the connector had 2 red wires i think.

also i found one relay under the shift consol, it is bolted to the trani tunnel, do you know what that one might be?

also what side was the alternator on in 74? usually the alternator is on the pass side. but the alternator wires are on the driverside. yet the motor in the car has an alternator on the pass side.

As far as the relays one should be for the blower motor. The other is a starter interlock override switch. And the one under the console power window relay. The alternator is on the drivers side.

thank you, you answered all my questions :)

what is an interlock override? never heard of that

I am guessing... but I believe it had something to do with the seatbelts. And it was a one year only.

oh ok i see, that would probably explain why someone had put a jumper wire through the prongs.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom