Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Remote Door Lock on '96 Vette

P

PDR VETTE

Has anyone had this problem? The Key Fob on my 1996 Vette will only unlock the passenger door when I press the door button on the key fob. When I have it set to the PKE (passive keyless entry) it will lock and unlock both doors. I have used the other Key Fob with the same results. Any ideas?

When the PKE is inactive the door button will only open the pass/ door & hatch.

Active, you can program the PKE to open drivers door only or both.
:drink

Thanks, I can understand if it only opened the driver's door when the PKE is inactive, but opening the passenger's door doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I think it was an option starting in '92', but just a guess.

I guess it makes sense if you use the alarm, or not (manually) & then use the key to open the drivers door.
Can't think of any other reason.

Opps! forgot. Its Easter, be nice to your Rabbit.

Thank you,

:drink

I think the Passive Keyless Entry system for my '95 was designed by an idiot. Well, I guess that goes for the Marketing Department guru in charge of door locks too!! My previous experience with a system similar to this is my '92 Bonne SSE and that is engineered just fine.

Does anyone else have the following problem? If I have the transmitter on my person, and I am walking around the garage, straightening up...whatever, the door looks on the vette act like they are possessed. Opening and closing at will. It does not appear to have anything to do with how far I am from the car. I could just be walking around it, inspecting it, and those locks are working overtime! My friend's '98 does the same thing. My two sending units spend most of their time in my office drawer.

Ted

My 95 will only unlock the passenger door,will not lock either. YOu can hear the locks move but they wont lock.havent figured it out yet.The other night I got out of the car and locked both doors with my wife still inside,when she opened the door the alarm went off,surprise! didnt know that worked.

Showtime: your PKE system is turned off. Check your owners manual for info to change settings or turn it on.
Tvalley: Your car doesn't know the difference between you walking around it and walking up to open the door. It senses the proximity of your fob and locks or unlocks the door. When working around it or just hanging out you can disable the feature and re-activate it when you are done. Or you could just lay your keys on the roof or console while you are around it. '96 was the last year for the PKE. The C5's have a keyless entry system just like "Your father's Oldsmobile". I agree it can be a PITA now and then, but I also think it is kind of:cool sometimes.

Hey ,something easy for a change, insert key ign off.press door button on fob till locks cycle presto pke on
Thanks whitey

Showtine,
I think thats the procedure for selecting which door
locks will open when a transmitter comes into range.

To activate or deactivate the PKE........

With a transmitter in range, hold down the door button on the FOB for 4 secs or more & you will hear the locks cycle. You can confirm PKE "on" by putting the key in the ignition & checking in the lower left hand corner of the DIC for
Passive Keyless Entry displaayed. If not dispalyed hold doem the door button again, etc.

Happy Easter

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom