Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Remote Part Numbers

c5droptop

Corvette
1999 Convertible
First of all, let me thank everyone for the wealth of knowledge that is provided on this sight. As a first time Corvette owner (going on three months now, it always brings a tear to my eye) it has been very helpful when questions come up to have a resource to go to.

I did a couple of searches or the archives, but couldn't find anything on this question, so here goes....

I would really like to get a second remote for my '99 Convertible, but I am getting some conflicting information.

When I contacted the Chevy dealership, they say that there is one, and only one, part number for a new remote for a '99 -- the model with the passive feature (GM# 10253839).

The conflicting information is that I have seen several postings on eBay for remote transmitters that are supposed to work with '97-'00 models and that part number is different (GM# 10432147) and does not have passive unlocking. When I gave this part number to the dealership, it came back as a 2000 only remote.

Did every '99 come with the passive function? I don't really use the passive feature, so if I could save a few bucks it would be nice.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

The passive feature went away in 2000. GM part number 10253839 is the correct part number. I just ordered a new remote for my 99 hard top. If you want to save some money from $120 that the dealer and Ecklers will charge, head over to GM Parts Direct and pick it up for $65. Granted they will charge you $12 to ship it, but it's a lot cheaper than $120. :)

When you get it you will probably need a new battery for it. They take the CR2450 style battery. The battery that came in my fob was dead. Once replaced it programed to the car perfectly.

GM Parts Direct

Paste the part number above into their search field and you will be taken to the part you need.

Good luck.

Leon

EDIT: I don't believe the 2000 fobs will program to the 97-99 cars. I don't believe they are compatible.

First of all, let me thank everyone for the wealth of knowledge that is provided on this sight. As a first time Corvette owner (going on three months now, it always brings a tear to my eye) it has been very helpful when questions come up to have a resource to go to.

I did a couple of searches or the archives, but couldn't find anything on this question, so here goes....

I would really like to get a second remote for my '99 Convertible, but I am getting some conflicting information.

When I contacted the Chevy dealership, they say that there is one, and only one, part number for a new remote for a '99 -- the model with the passive feature (GM# 10253839).

The conflicting information is that I have seen several postings on eBay for remote transmitters that are supposed to work with '97-'00 models and that part number is different (GM# 10432147) and does not have passive unlocking. When I gave this part number to the dealership, it came back as a 2000 only remote.

Did every '99 come with the passive function? I don't really use the passive feature, so if I could save a few bucks it would be nice.

Thanks in advance,
Dave
I too also recently purchased a 99 convertible. Which remote did you buy? The dead one that came with my vehicle is the 10432147 version. Thanks, John L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom