Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Removable top

Raycuda

Corvette
2000 Base coupe
After having a convertible with a power top for 10 years, I find the removal process of the removable top not worth the effort. If I am out and an unexpected rain stoirm pops up, before i can get the top on, the interior is soaked. My convertible would have the top up in about 13 seconds . I was able to lower or raise the top while stopped for a traffic light. Has anyone else felt as I do, or am I just old and lazy.

LLC5

Corvette
98 black 6spd convert.
After having a convertible with a power top for 10 years, I find the removal process of the removable top not worth the effort. If I am out and an unexpected rain stoirm pops up, before i can get the top on, the interior is soaked. My convertible would have the top up in about 13 seconds . I was able to lower or raise the top while stopped for a traffic light. Has anyone else felt as I do, or am I just old and lazy.

You are probably old and lazier, just like me. But your not wrong.

Targa tops can be a pain in a panic situation. C5 verts are manual and easy and quick to lower and raise. C6 are power but you need to be stopped to operate them. C7 I believe is the first generation that allowed vehicle movement up to 30 mph when operating the top. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Corvette
2001 Z06

Had a C4 with a targa, had no issues getting it back on and buttoned up quickly, but the 99 C5 I had was a pain to get it aligned and back on quickly..Not sure why, but I am old and lazy and just quit taking it off after a year or so of ownership.

Raycuda

Corvette
2000 Base coupe
Had a C4 with a targa, had no issues getting it back on and buttoned up quickly, but the 99 C5 I had was a pain to get it aligned and back on quickly..Not sure why, but I am old and lazy and just quit taking it off after a year or so of ownership.
Same here, I have had this C5 for a little over a year, and it's just not worth the effort. If I ever replace this car, maybe I will consider a true convertible, even though I think the coupe is a better looking car.

garllo

Corvette
2004 Torch Red Convertible
MY first C5 was a coupe with the two top option. I agree that removing the top or replacing it in a hurry could be troublesome. my current C5 is a convertible and while it is not a power top (2004) it is so much easier to lower and raise.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom