Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Removal of Sun Visor Airbag Warning Labels

DavidM

Corvette
2003 Electron Blue Coupe
I picked up my first ever Corvette on the last day of the April 0% financing incentive, and have been having too much fun since then driving it and showing it to others to take care of some minor items. But now it's time ...

I'm having a terrible time trying to peel the airbag warning labels off the sun visors. They're stuck on REALLY well, and come off in little pieces - if you can actually grasp any of the label with your fingertips. I tried using a hairdryer to soften the adhesive but that did not help (I figured a heat gun would just melt the fabric). Tweezers just pulled off even smaller pieces, so ultimately I resorted to using pliers, which seemed to work better, until I wound up putting a small hole in the fabric from pulling too hard.

So I took it to the dealer (who I really like), but the service manager said they cannot remove those labels due to liability. He said they are intended not to be removed. He did say that possibly using tweezers and a razor blade may work.

I really want them off, so I'm looking for other suggestions.

How did you remove yours ... or did you just leave them alone?

Thanks a lot!

As an aside -- I understand the intent of these warning labels, and I think it's fine to affix them where they are, but I don't like that they intend for the consumer to not be able to remove them. Just my opinion.

Labels on my 2003 pulled right off.

Try getting an edge up and run the razor blade between the bottom of label and the visor. Almost shaving them off. Should be faster than picking little pieces off.

Enjoy the ride.

Use your hair drier and heat them to soften the glue - then they peel off relatively well. Then clean the area with Goo Gone or something similar to remove the remaining glue.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom