Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Removing C3 Headlight Housing / Assembly

fine69

Corvette
'69 Convertible Vette; '72 Z28 Camaro Rally Sport
Hello All,

I've been continuing with the body prep, but am at an impasse.

For the front end, I am not sure how remove the headlight housing (top) so I can properly prep the sides of the housing and opening. I was able to remove the headlight bezels.

I've been looking at the AIM, and did a site search and Google searches - but can't figure out how to remove the housing... do I have to remove the entire assembly? Will it fit through the front with grill removed?

Please help! I want to remove this correctly. OR is there is preferred way to expose this area for painting?

Thank you!

Ralph

Headlight box removal

Looks like there are 3 bolts on the left reat and 3 bolts on the right rear, the ones that hold the pivot bearing in place and 1 bracket bolt on the left and 1 bracket bolt on the right and 2 bolts on the front of the assemblt, one on the left and one on the right. PG.

Looks like there are 3 bolts on the left reat and 3 bolts on the right rear, the ones that hold the pivot bearing in place and 1 bracket bolt on the left and 1 bracket bolt on the right and 2 bolts on the front of the assemblt, one on the left and one on the right. PG.

That's correct, remove the six screws (#8), and loosen screw (#3), then it's easy to remove the lamp assembly.

Remove the hood also, as they h/l's are rather heavy, and pull them out that a ways, I consider removing the grills more PIA than it's worth, and I don't recall if they slide out that way or not....only been 15 years now...:upthumbs

Pete, 69 Coupe, and mrvette,

Thanks for the info! So I remove the six #8 screws. Do I loosen all of the #3 screws and not remove them?

I'll have to work on being a contortionist to get to some of these... my hood is already removed, and my entire front end open - with the lower valance removed (CLICK HERE).

I'll give this a shot over the weekend... it's been cold out!

Thanks Again Guys!

Ralph

One last thing.

If your going to do this over the weekend call your Chiropractor and set up an appointment for Monday! :rotfl PG.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom