Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Removing connector from '91 L98 coolant temperature sensor

PeterR

Corvette
'54, '57 fuelie, '91 Z07
What is the trick to safely removing the connector from the coolant temperature sensor on a '91 L98 (on right cylinder head next to plug #6)? The sensor has a nailhead terminal. I thought the connector would simply slide off or perhaps it needs to be pushed down and then slid off, but neither of these methods seems to work. I don't want to break the 28 year old plastic connector. Is there a trick to doing this safely?

Thanks.

Pete

71G5tEKsCKL._SX425_.jpgSqueeze the conector on the square sides & pull it off

Thanks for the reply, but the '91 apparently has a different style connector--nothing to squeeze. See picture. While I was out in the garage taking a picture of it, I answered my own question. I tried one more time to remove the connector. I swivel it from side to side a few times in case there was any corrosion and then was able to push it straight off. That's the way I thought it should come off, but previous attempts resisted my efforts and I was afraid of breaking it. So it's off now and I can proceed to replace the sensor and get my temp gauge working again. Case closed.

Attachments

• coolant sensor 91 Corv.JPG
    coolant sensor 91 Corv.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 566
:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom