Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Removing Screen From MAF > Performance Mod?

RedHot85Vette

Corvette
1995 Red Corvette (C4, L98)
Good Day! I hope All are enjoying a pleasant one. I have read elsewhere, that removing the screen from the MAF would be a performance improvement but the post didn't say why. The comment was part of a list of easy/first things to do if one desired to improve the performance of their L98. My question is, how would removing the screens from the MAF improve performance? It seems to me that one would then have an unprotected expensive part. Would the performance benefit, if any, outweigh the lack of protection for the MAF?

Thanks for any attentions to this post.

John :pat

Leave as is.

Good Day! I hope All are enjoying a pleasant one. I have read elsewhere, that removing the screen from the MAF would be a performance improvement but the post didn't say why. The comment was part of a list of easy/first things to do if one desired to improve the performance of their L98. My question is, how would removing the screens from the MAF improve performance? It seems to me that one would then have an unprotected expensive part. Would the performance benefit, if any, outweigh the lack of protection for the MAF?

Thanks for any attentions to this post.

John :pat

Probably the theoretical made by "someone" was that it increases air flow by removing it. Right.

Leave it alone.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom