Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Removing the Power Antenna from My 79 Corvette.

vernon@dccnet.com

Corvette
1979 Black Corvette T Top
Hi All,

I am in the process of replacing the Power Mast Antenna on my 79 Corvette. The wiring that come underneath the Left side.. Is there a White plug that I can dis connect. If not do I cut the Wiring (Three ) and then respice later??

Vernon

If there's no connector underneath near the antenna, you may find one behind the driver side rear speaker or blockoff panel.
If nothing there, it probably goes all the way to the relay without a joint.
Seems a lot of guys just cut and splice. Leave enough wire so you can slip the splices through the rubber plug for a cleaner look.
If there is a connector behind the speaker you'll need to slice the rubber plug lengthwise with a razer knife to get the wires free.

If there's no connector underneath near the antenna, you may find one behind the driver side rear speaker or blockoff panel.
If nothing there, it probably goes all the way to the relay without a joint.
Seems a lot of guys just cut and splice. Leave enough wire so you can slip the splices through the rubber plug for a cleaner look.
If there is a connector behind the speaker you'll need to slice the rubber plug lengthwise with a razer knife to get the wires free.
Hi

I figured it out, Just like you said .. In Behind the left Speaker is the Antenna Coxial Cable and the Power Connector. Pop out the Rubber Grommet with the wiring. Now to find a replacement. This whole issued happened from " Someone Snapping the extended Antenna" off in a Parking lot. Why can't people leave our Vettes alone.

Vernon

Welcome to the CAC.

Let us know how your install goes.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom