Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Review: Repair Process for Module that controls headlights on C4 Cars

Is this useful to you guys?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Understand it

• Why am I looking at this thing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mrstan

Corvette
1996 C4 Coup
Hi guys,

I finished up repairing my headlight control module which was not letting my right light go up. The motors were good, and wiring as well. The module was the culprit.I could not see fit to buy a $300 module, so I took this one apart and fixed it for roughly twenty bucks.

I am trying to attach it here to see what you guys think. This is the first time I have made a instruction sheet. Let me know what you think..

mrstan

Attachments

• Repair Headlight Control Module on a C4 Corvette (Mine is 1996).pdf
    975.3 KB · Views: 124
Thanks Mrstan - I had the same problem and traced it back to the module, and have opened it up to find the identical problem as yours....
The problem I'm having is locating the correct relay - where did you get yours?
The issue I have is that I am located in Australia.... I have contacted Omron AU, but they do not have that relay. They put me in contact with Digikey in the US, who have similar part (part number is MY4-02 and is 12VDC - Just missing the GM suffix), however when I look at the specs I note it is 3A rated, whereas the OEM unit is 5A rated...

Great write up on the repair. Repaired a lot of electronics on different vehicles. I use mouser electronics, have most of what I need. It's been a while now cause Amazon has a lot as well in the way of realy, caps etc. The harder to find stuff....mouser.

I actually ended up finding a matching relay in my local electronics store... just had to drill out the circuit board to make the bigger pins fit, but all worked perfectly.... Until I closed the bonnet!
Turn out the fault was caused by a wire that was shorting out only when the bonnet was closed!
Another relay once the short was fixed, and all good now!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom