Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Repairing Rigid Plastic

warp8

Has anyone tried the new products available to repair parts like dash bezels?

It is made by Plastifix and can be used to build up damaged areas like where mounting screws go.

It is made by Plastifix and can be used to build up damaged areas like where mounting screws go.

Yep, I'm so tight I have to grease my butt to fart. One word, Eastwood. they sell the best stuff/kits for any of the do it yourselfer needs.

http://www.eastwoodco.com/

The product works fairly well but if you are building up ears or mounting points, you must use a lightweight fiberglass to reinforce it.

eddy, I'm not sure but I think one of the vette mags ran an article on either that product or one very similar, they fixed ears and all, I,ll see if I can find it.
tom

I highly recommend this book:

"How to Repair Plastic Bodywork" by Kurt Lammon

He covers the most common types such as ABS, SMC, Polyurethane, Polycarbonate, PVC, Nylon and Nylon Blends, Acrylic, etc.

Eddy, I found the article in "Corvette Fever" Aug 2005 - they did a 4 page article on "Plastex" http://plastex.home.att.net/
phone: (775) 853-3377
It looks like great stuff! fixing (replacing) broken ears. It comes with a molding compound.
anyway, good luck!
Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom