Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

replacement of front air dam on C5

Vette Dreemz

Corvette
1999 Black Coupe
I lost the center section of the air dam on my C5 somewhere while driving and the temp went crazy. My question is I almost ordered the highly advertised "Big Mouth" and noticed comments in the forums that while it would work with the C4, it would not work as an improvement to the factory air dam. The car will sit until the right course of action is made, and would appreciate any input from you guys. Replace the missing section with the Chevy dealers set or the Big Mouth? Thanks

I lost the center section of the air dam on my C5 somewhere while driving and the temp went crazy. My question is I almost ordered the highly advertised "Big Mouth" and noticed comments in the forums that while it would work with the C4, it would not work as an improvement to the factory air dam. The car will sit until the right course of action is made, and would appreciate any input from you guys. Replace the missing section with the Chevy dealers set or the Big Mouth? Thanks

I had a Big Mouth on my C4 and was very satisfied with it but I have no experience with the C5 version. The C4 version worked as advertised and I accepted the extra care needed to avoid curbing it when parking.

Given the forum comments that the C5 Big Mouth does not produce a significant improvement over the stock air dam, I'd go with the stock stuff. From the pictures on their web site, the C5 Big Mouth sticks down below the skid plates and, thus, becomes a curb hazard. If you have a tendency to bump the curbs with your nose some, the Big Mouth will take the hit instead of the skid plates and may cause damage.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom