Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: replacement tires for 96 vert

Mr Breez

Corvette
1996 Triple Black Convertible
Hi everyone, just joined the grop, and need advice on replacement tires for a 1996 convertible. Any members found a great tire to replace the Goodyears with?

Have you checked with TireRack.com and other tires sites to get an idea what is available?
Does your '96 have the standard tires and wheels - 8.5x17 fr 9.5x17 rear with 255 and 285 tires?

If so, are they any you like and want to ask about?

TireRack only shows 3 options for the combination above - Pirelli (expensive), GY F1 D3 (backorder) or Continental.

Personally, I like the GY F1 D3 and had great service from them on my last C4.
Given the availability of the D3, I'd prefer Michelin but I don't see Michelin as an option for your C4.

Almost forgot :welcome

:w

Have you checked with TireRack.com and other tires sites to get an idea what is available?
Does your '96 have the standard tires and wheels - 8.5x17 fr 9.5x17 rear with 255 and 285 tires?

If so, are they any you like and want to ask about?

TireRack only shows 3 options for the combination above - Pirelli (expensive), GY F1 D3 (backorder) or Continental.

Personally, I like the GY F1 D3 and had great service from them on my last C4.
Given the availability of the D3, I'd prefer Michelin but I don't see Michelin as an option for your C4.

Almost forgot :welcome

:w

Thanks for the welcome!
Yeah, I've spent 3 days on the GY's only to find out the 28540ZR17 was discontinued. I've opted to try the Nitto nt555xt because of ratings, some local car people's recommendations, and the fact I can maintain the stock sizes.
This is my second C4, had a 95 cpe before. Found this ragtop with just under 7500 miles, and it was my color. Thanks, I appreciate the insight.

I have Nittos on my 96' coupe and Falkens on my 85 coupe. I like both
Gordon

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom