Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Replacing the dash LOAF

rocknitz

Corvette
1984 Gold Baby
We have an 84 - my wife wants me to replace the loaf on the dash with the flat panel.
She saw pictures of a gold 84 just like ours with the panel replaced. My question is it something i can do? - I can can do most minor things but pulling the dash might be more than I want to try. Anybody that has replaced it, have any advice or cautions?

Al

Now Ive never done it personally. Ive read about the kits available from the different vendors though... Seems like its a pretty quick and painless instal. Hopefully someone with some actual experiance will chime in soon :)

:welcome I replaced mine a few years ago and really like the looks and fit. It is a very easy change out. Took about an hour.

:welcome I replaced mine a few years ago and really like the looks and fit. It is a very easy change out. Took about an hour.

Thanks for the reply - would you mind telling me which kit and where you got it from.

thanks in advance
AL

elckers any corvette parts house or make your own i did there around 50.00

Hey Al
Don't remember which vendor I got mine from,they are pretty much the same. Most likely went with best price.....Mine is the flat faced front,not the one with the built in shelf. Corvette Central has it for $55 with free shipping if total is $99 or more at the moment. Hope this helps....

We have an 84 - my wife wants me to replace the loaf on the dash with the flat panel.
She saw pictures of a gold 84 just like ours with the panel replaced. My question is it something i can do? - I can can do most minor things but pulling the dash might be more than I want to try. Anybody that has replaced it, have any advice or cautions?

Al

You can do this ! If I can restore a 79 to NCRS standards, you can do this. Just think positive and logical, and it will all work out fine. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom