Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Replacing Tires

Grey.Wizard

Corvette
2009 Z06 Corvette Cyber Grey
Folks,

I am looking for a suggestion or two regarding replacement of my stock tires for the Z06. I'd like to go a bit wider with a set of 345's on the back, but don't want the runflats as they are noisy. On the other hand, who else makes run flats that big? What tires are the best for road handling and speed?

You might consider the "NEW" GY SuperCar G2 tire. This tire is replacing the "old" SuperCar tire on the new Corvettes.

As for 345 tires, Michelin makes a 345/30/19 in A/S ZP and in PS2. The only issue is that they are 0.7" bigger in diameter and you'd need to reprogram the computer for the different diameter to make the traction control, ABS and Active Handling work properly.

I have the "NEW" GY SuperCar G2 tire on my C6 and I'm very happy. :D

You might consider the "NEW" GY SuperCar G2 tire. This tire is replacing the "old" SuperCar tire on the new Corvettes.

As for 345 tires, Michelin makes a 345/30/19 in A/S ZP and in PS2. The only issue is that they are 0.7" bigger in diameter and you'd need to reprogram the computer for the different diameter to make the traction control, ABS and Active Handling work properly.

Would that reprogramming of the computer trigger any warranty concerns similar to alterations to the stock tune? ("Warranty concerns" meaning that GM may be able to deny work under warranty due to the reprogramming?)

Would that reprogramming of the computer trigger any warranty concerns similar to alterations to the stock tune? ("Warranty concerns" meaning that GM may be able to deny work under warranty due to the reprogramming?)

I don't think so but I don't really know.

Tampering with the stock tune is a big no-no, but I've never heard of a warranty denial for tire size reprogramming. That said, GM will know the stock programming was altered, even if it's reversed. I'd do it, but that's just me.

Tampering with the stock tune is a big no-no, but I've never heard of a warranty denial for tire size reprogramming. That said, GM will know the stock programming was altered, even if it's reversed. I'd do it, but that's just me.

You are not alone.
Looks like I won't need to worry about it since I'm sticking with stock tire sizes.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom