Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Repro tail lamp quality??

kobi67

Corvette
1967 coupe, 1979 bought new.
I just received a new set of repro tail lamp assemblies, the finish quality is nice but the fit on the inner pair is not that good. The outer pair fit fine. The originals fit perfect!!! Fit issues are that they don't fit tight up against the panel all the was around. The contour is a bit off. Has anyone run into this or an I too picky??? Thanks, Kurt

kobi67 said:
I just received a new set of repro tail lamp assemblies, the finish quality is nice but the fit on the inner pair is not that good. The outer pair fit fine. The originals fit perfect!!! Fit issues are that they don't fit tight up against the panel all the was around. The contour is a bit off. Has anyone run into this or an I too picky??? Thanks, Kurt
I'm assuming you checked that they are all in their proper locations.
I had a little bit of a problem with my repro tail lights for my 61. It became minimal after they were tightened up good but still not as nice as the originals.

Are you using the gaskets? From what I have seen the repros are better than the last runs of the GM parts, Trim Parts actually cleans the molds every once in awhile. Are they the first quality or seconds?

Tom M

Gaskets were used. I did not tighten them down, just placed them in the panel to see how they fit the panel. Finish quality is great, just the inboard pair don't quite fit flush, maybe 1/16+ gap on the sides. Seconds?? They are not marked as such. Kurt

I put a complete set of Trim Parts taillamps on my '67 last winter, and they fit like they grew there. Are yours from Trim Parts, or are they the Taiwan reproduction? There's a difference...
:beer

Mine say "Made in U.S.A. T-S INT..Any idea who made these?? Kurt

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom