Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Restting Clock with NAV System

Corvette
2016 C7.R Z06 "ROSA" - black 'Vert w/yellow accent
okay - how the heck do I rewset the clock in 2008 Pace Car? there is nothing in the fine manual which tells me how to do this with the NAV system - describes all other radios and how to reset the time, but nada!!!

okay - how the heck do I reset the clock in 2008 Pace Car? there is nothing in the fine manual which tells me how to do this with the NAV system - describes all other radios and how to reset the time, but nada!!!

I find touching the time display on the touch screen and holding it for a few seconds opens a clock adjust window.

okay - how the heck do I rewset the clock in 2008 Pace Car? there is nothing in the fine manual which tells me how to do this with the NAV system - describes all other radios and how to reset the time, but nada!!!

On the side of the Nav Screen, you should see a button with icons on it that look like a musical note and the frame of a TV screen. Push that, and the screen should change to show your setting preferences. One of those preferences should be the clock setting, with touch screen arrow buttons to adjust the time, and a button you can select to adjust into or out of Daylight Saving Time.

That should get your '08's clock sorted out.
:)

As we have two threads on this subject, I'm going to merge them.
:)

thanks for the replies

thanks Tuna! did like you said - window opened and I hit DST and voila, time reset

I bet if you got a 12 year old kid he could have figured that out in 2 sec's..;LOL.Their all Confuser literate now adays.

We come from the "Sand in the Hour Glass Age".....:rotfl

I once took a trip up to Kid_Agains house and the Nav Chick kept telling me to exit at every exit (about 2 min apart) on the way up I-295.

Before I left his house to return home to AC New Joisey... I found the settings for interstate's and Toll roads Was OFF..!! The Nav Chick thought I wanted to go the back raod way.

I bet if you got a 12 year old kid he could have figured that out in 2 sec's..;LOL.Their all Confuser literate now adays.

We come from the "Sand in the Hour Glass Age".....:rotfl

Who is this 'we' you refer to? There are a few of us here representing the Gen-X demographic, you know. :L

I once took a trip up to Kid_Agains house and the Nav Chick kept telling me to exit at every exit (about 2 min apart) on the way up I-295.

She's called "Amy." Get it? "Aim-me". :chuckle

Before I left his house to return home to AC New Joisey... I found the settings for interstate's and Toll roads Was OFF..!! The Nav Chick thought I wanted to go the back raod way.

VNV, Dude...
When you program in your destination, the system always asks you for route preferences: major roads, toll roads, ferries, and 'allow time restricted roads' (for roads that may close seasonally).

I don't think the issue is being from the 'sand in the hourglass age,' somehow. :L

VNV, Dude...
When you program in your destination, the system always asks you for route preferences: major roads, toll roads, ferries, and 'allow time restricted roads' (for roads that may close seasonally).

I don't think the issue is being from the 'sand in the hourglass age,' somehow. :L

Patrick.. You LB...;LOL

My 2007 HUMMER's NAV doesn't operater the same way the 09 Vette NAV screen does. They in fact do both ask you what you have stated above but in different manner. Having just had the 09 for a few days and not being familiar with the squence of screen flow I neglected to choose the propper screen in my haste to get on the road having thought I had the propper selections entered. The 2007 HUMMER Nav Screen does not look or flow the same as the Vette's 09 Screen.

They have the same functions and in fact the Vettes' NAV has more options for more things. So...as I said... I reviewed my entries on the return home Programing and found the error's of my hasty ways.

So "Aim -Me" had few words to say on the way home:D

Gen X.....???? ;LOL.....How about a few years younger then Baby Boomers....;LOL

Patrick.. You LB...;LOL

Ha! Simon says...
simon_cowell.jpg

;LOL

My 2007 HUMMER's NAV doesn't operater the same way the 09 Vette NAV screen does. They in fact do both ask you what you have stated above but in different manner. Having just had the 09 for a few days and not being familiar with the squence of screen flow I neglected to choose the propper screen in my haste to get on the road having thought I had the propper selections entered. The 2007 HUMMER Nav Screen does not look or flow the same as the Vette's 09 Screen.
They have the same functions and in fact the Vettes' NAV has more options for more things. So...as I said... I reviewed my entries on the return home Programing and found the error's of my hasty ways.

Hey, VNV- the instruction manual is your friend. :D

So "Aim -Me" had few words to say on the way home:D

You must have missed my Be Cool Addendum for C6 Owners. I talk about cultivating a relationship with you Nav-System.

Gen X.....???? ;LOL.....How about a few years younger then Baby Boomers....;LOL

I'd say it's more than a few years. :chuckle

Just printed out your ...Be Cool Addendum... I'll sit back and fire off some bush weed so I can digest it slowly. Looks like a very interesting article.

Hey, VNV- the instruction manual is your friend. :D

Oh I know that...that's the first thing I go for with any new product....and have since gone thru the ENTIRE 09 Manual. That was done a week after ownership. But again, you must remember the old saying... "A little knowledge is dangerous" .This meaning that I had the knowledge of the HUMMER's NAV system which was close to but no cigar in the excact operational functions of the 2009 Corvette's NVA system in the first two days of ownership.

Most people will not read their owners manual and assume they know evrything.
I don't, I always gleam new info from the insites of the design engineers in regards to the product at hand.

I just bought a new LCD Flat Screen TV a few months back. The owners manual is 1/2 inch thick. I learned quite a bit about what this TV can do and can't do...and I'm in Pro Electronics Repair.

Times have changed ...us peeps need to read a little more.:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom