Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rhino Ramps

Edmond

Corvette
2003 Z06
Just a heads up to everyone that Pep Boys has them on sale for $25.00, you can't beat that. I think that everyone should have a set of Rhino Ramps! They have a picture of a C5 on the cover so clearance shouldn't be a problem at all.

I believe they're on sale until June 1st.

That's a great deal -- it's half-price!! I've already got a set, but others will surely benefit from this message. Thanks for the tip Bull. :upthumbs

_ken :w

BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THESE RAMPS, I'VE HAD A SET FOR ABOUT A YEAR,THEY HAVE A TENDENCY TO SCHOOT ACROSS THE GARAGE FLOOR FASTER THAN YOU CAN DRIVE UP THEM.THEY NEED MORE TRACTION UNDERNEATH. SAVE THE WAVE GARY:beer :upthumbs

Hey Gary

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the "sage" advice.. great first post!
Ya even figgered out the clickables .. :beer
So what you are telling us is that we should put a rubber mat down underneath them??

ggsteiny said:
BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THESE RAMPS, I'VE HAD A SET FOR ABOUT A YEAR,THEY HAVE A TENDENCY TO SCHOOT ACROSS THE GARAGE FLOOR FASTER THAN YOU CAN DRIVE UP THEM.THEY NEED MORE TRACTION UNDERNEATH. SAVE THE WAVE GARY:beer :upthumbs

I found a cure for that problem, drape a piece of rubber about 8 inches long and as wide as your tires across the base of the ramps. When you drive up, the tires hit the rubber before they hit the ramps and as you approach the ramp, the rubber holds it down. This is only necessary with RWD cars, with my two FWD cars the tire rotation holds the ramps in place.

ramps

I've often thought about them shooting across the floor and wonder if placing the back of the ramps into a cement crack (driveway section divider) would hold them?
Silver

In my garage, I just put some 2x4's about 2 feet long in front of the ramps so the wood is between the wall and the ramps. That's kept it from moving.

If I use the ramps on the driveway, I never have to use anything. But our driveway is sloped so if yours isn't, then you might need something.

I got my ramps for $25 as well from Walmart. They do move when you are driving up. I use rubber as well and it works. I put rubber all around the bottom of it to stop it from moving. Seems to work.

How much clearance do the rhino ramps provide?
I've thought about getting some myself, but wondered
if they would provide any true help.

If you're worried about the clearance.......the C4 valance may rub slightly, but the ramp extenders 4 the old metal ramps (the black piece-red is useless) fit right on the end pretty well and help, just another inch but it does the trick.

BTW, I just use old rubber floor mats to keep them from scooting.
:w

I noticed the other day the the Rhino ramps are now selling for twenty-five bucks at Pep Boys, whereas when I bought mine there I paid forty-five! :cry

Ken said:
I noticed the other day the the Rhino ramps are now selling for twenty-five bucks at Pep Boys, whereas when I bought mine there I paid forty-five! :cry

;) ;) ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom