Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ride height

larryfs

I looked at a 91, vs my 96, and the rear was sitting alot lower. is this normal, or was it lowered? they guy said it was stock, but that was because he was running stock class at auto-x. my 96 sits real high in the rear......

did the rear ride height change over the years??

thanks

Larry,

I don't think there would be a large difference, what suspension options do the 2 cars have?

U can read a lot of info on each Year of Vette here @ CAC per this link > Corvette Model Center.

Enjoy the reading/knowledge! :upthumbs

Later,
6 Shooter

The ride heights had a tendancy to not be all the same because of the different suspension options. Although it is a small diff. the Z07 and Z51 suspensions do sit a little taller on the C4s than the base suspension. The C5 solved this delima by making the ride height more easily adjustable so the height difference between all the suspension options is now negligible.
My 93 Z07 sat a little bit higher than my 91 base suspension when they sat together for a brief moment at the dealer during the trade-in / delivery.
It also sat a little higher than a 93 base suspension that a friend owned. So I had a good comparison for the same model year, and mileage factor.

vettepilot

Yes, I second the differing factory ride heights. For instance, in the area between the tire and the rear wheel well on my 1986 coupe, there was barely enough room for my hand, but on my 1990 convertible I could practically stick my whole head in there.

all I know the a$$ end of my 96 Z51 sits very very high. and now I know why guys lower just the rears. although I wanted to keep mine stock...........

tyrel said:
Yes, I second the differing factory ride heights. For instance, in the area between the tire and the rear wheel well on my 1986 coupe, there was barely enough room for my hand, but on my 1990 convertible I could practically stick my whole head in there.

Roadsters sit higher in order to accomodate the ground clearance for the X-brace. Coupes don't have the brace.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom