Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Right window won't go down

B

blackbelt

Hello all

I am probably buying an 85 Vette on Friday :) and the present owner told me the right window won't go down all the way it, goes down about 3/4 of the way then won't go down anymore:confused: any idea what it could be and how much it would cost to fix.
Thanks

blackbelt, the '85s still had the "ribbon" for the power window regulators. A replacement is offered by all the aftermarket catalogs (Corvette Central has it for $17.95 each).

There is also the option of upgrading to the later style. ;)

Ken

Same exact problem happened to my '85. Like Ken said, the ribbon is stripped. Cheap fix but definately takes some patience. I have no idea what a dealer would charge to fix this. I did mine myself with a little patience. You have to remove the screws holding the door panel together. You have to remove this to even see what you're dealing with. The glass can stay in the car, but will have to be all the way up via some kind of wedge. Then remove the screws that holds the track for the ribbon (you will now see that it is stripped). There will be one pop-rivet at the very end of the track that will have to be drilled out......i replaced the rivet with a little nut & bolt. Then replace the ribbon & put everything back together. Kind of a pain in the butt, but it can be done at home. Hope this helps.

Jay

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom