Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rim Question

Corvette
1987 Z52 Black Convertible
The wheels that he posted are mine, I bought them because they look exactly like GTA wheels but in a 17 and they were cheap. I thought I was going to be able to get some hoops made for a decent price so I wouldn't need to run spacers, but then I found out that it was going to be atleast $2k for all 4 wheels so decided not to do it.

Anyways, from what I've seen they've always been referred to as C4 wheels and one guy who has them mentioned that they might be Callaway wheels. They're made by Epsilon who made wheels for a lot of Porsche's during the 80s and early 90s. They're all 3piece wheels and 2 of them are 17x8.5 and 2 are 17x9.5. I'm just kind of wondering if they came from any specific Corvette. I've seen pictures of several different sets that have been painted all different colors (I've seen red, black, gold, and green) so me and a couple others thought maybe they came from the factory painted body color as part of a special package. If you have any information about them it'd be greatly appreciated. I'm looking to sell them so I'm trying to gather some good information about them before putting them up for sale.

Callaway used BBS wheels in 87. They had gold centers and were 16 inches in diameter.

I know of only one B2K w/ Epsilons...

As RedB2Ks stated, the Callaway spec wheel fitted to some of the B2Ks were either Dymags or BBS Mesh.

The Epsilon brand wheels looked similar to the BBS and were sold through aftermarket parts houses - Ecklers comes to mind.

I knew of an 87 B2K that had the 1988 Corvette 17" rims fit to it the first time I saw it. Next time I saw it, it had 17x9.5 and 17x11 gold Epsilons as shown in the first (linked) picture. The car was Dark Red Metallic and one day, the car wore no wheels at all :eek It was on blocks! :eek

Insurance bought another set of Epsilons, I was told.

I have not seen the car since picture taken in 1992 at COrvettes at Carlisle - It still resides in Virginia :cool

I know there was a black 87 with the gold mesh wheels. I didn't realize they came from Callaway.

I know there was a black 87 with the gold mesh wheels. I didn't realize they came from Callaway.

To clarify what I know, I have not seen the BBS avail from Callaway Cars.

Dealerships such as Konner in NJ, added the BBS rims as an extra cost dealer option.

The optional Callaway wheels were Dymags on the cars I have seen in 87 - Does anybody have info on others??

To clarify what I know, I have not seen the BBS avail from Callaway Cars.

Dealerships such as Konner in NJ, added the BBS rims as an extra cost dealer option.

The optional Callaway wheels were Dymags on the cars I have seen in 87 - Does anybody have info on others??

That's correct. It's hand written on my window sticker on the 87 from NJ. The other 87 came with 16 inch Dymags.

so then these wheels weren't on a factory package or on any well known package that was added before the dealership? Thanks for the info.

so then these wheels weren't on a factory package or on any well known package that was added before the dealership? Thanks for the info.

Nope, not a factory option, nor from any well known (or not so well known) package added,

Sorry to report, the only place I have ever seen those wheels has been between the front & back cover of an Ecklers Catalog back in the late 80's :cool

If you are selling the wheels though, :CAC Member TWN TRBO has them on his Callaway - although it has (or had) 17x9.5's (f) and 17x11's (rr). Maybe he might be interested in some spares...

I hope this helps :m

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom