Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Rivets

BigTom1957

Corvette
1981 coupe
Can anyone steer me to a supplier or source for the large rivets that are used on door sills or the rocker panelss? They are about 1/2 in. or maybee a little larger head with about a 1/8 in. shank, and I think they are a pop rivet. They are used in other places as well. I have looked at paragon and they are not the same type. Car is 81 cuope. TIA Tom

Hello Tom,

Could you explain to me where these pop rivets should be? I only remember some very big rivets in the weelwells to hold up the clamps inside the enginebay.. The rockerpanels should be screwed to the car not popped.

Groeten Peter

With door open where fiberglass door sill that sits on rocker channel, but they also use them at the rear body mount to hold the cups on to the body

Oke, I remember now. No problem to get them over here in Holland. So shouldn't be a problem to get them at your place :)

Groeten Peter

With door open where fiberglass door sill that sits on rocker channel, but they also use them at the rear body mount to hold the cups on to the body

Those are 3/16" shank SOFT solid aluminum body rivets - they're all over the car. Paragon and Doc Rebuild have the correct ones.

:beer

Can't use the above style rivets in the previous post. No access to use the tool from below.

As all are suggesting any good hardware store/ Auto parts store should have them. they are 3/16 pop rivets with a 1/2 head. Try to get them at least 1/4 long.

I have relpaced all of mine.

tcxd40

Big Tom ,
I fogot you already have the body off the frame correct? If that is still true you could use the solid soft style rivets. Sorry for the mis info.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom