Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport Road Trip

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

68 4 spd

Corvette
68 conv 84 coupe 91 conv 13 GS Coupe
Had my alignment checked at front end shop and was almost spot on to Pfadt specs. Left it as it was. Took our trip from Chicago to Orlando, averaged 28 mpg. What an awesome car, Team Corvette sure got these right.:cool Done this trip four other times in other vettes c-3 and c-4 but this is definetly a n evolution in the right direction. C-7 will I am sure raise the bar even farther.

Glad you enjoyed your trip.....they are great road cars and you can do so much more with them if you have the need.....the need for speed.....we love to head out on the highway looking for adventure in ours.......enjoy!

Had my alignment checked at front end shop and was almost spot on to Pfadt specs. Left it as it was. Took our trip from Chicago to Orlando, averaged 28 mpg. What an awesome car, Team Corvette sure got these right.:cool Done this trip four other times in other vettes c-3 and c-4 but this is definetly a n evolution in the right direction. C-7 will I am sure raise the bar even farther.
I drive from Maine to Orlando Spring and fall with my 08 and It's a great road car.There is a storage facility I use in the winter for the car Fairly close to the airport .Several times during the winter I fly down for long weekends .:thumb

I drive from Maine to Orlando Spring and fall with my 08 and It's a great road car.There is a storage facility I use in the winter for the car Fairly close to the airport .Several times during the winter I fly down for long weekends .:thumb

I recall some of those trips can be an adventure in Corvette traveling for you......:D

I recall some of those trips can be an adventure in Corvette traveling for you......:D
Most memorable was Jane Ann would schedule a Tail of the Dragon run when I'd go down .Thats where I met GM Junkie for the first time .Found out that in past life Junkie and I we're in the same jail in Mexico .Jane Ann gave me a big hug that broke two ribs .

Meeting up with Corvette friends is always the high-lite of driving to Orlando :thumb

I love driving my GS on road trips but the seats kill me on long drives. My C-5 seats were way more comfortable.

1300 miles 19 hours door to door what an awesome car. Seats comfortable, tires are a bit loud on some grooved concrete. Saw between 26 and 31 mpg on trip. Average was 29 at home. Love this car. :thumb

Drove my '12 Grand Sport to FL last Dec. and back here to MA in May. Love the way the car tears up the miles. Seats are great too (not the very best but better than any of the other 15 Corvettes I've owned). Jersey Pike is the pits. Drivers there have a death wish. Will go 81 this October to avoid most of NY,NJ, and DC. then back over to 95. Tried some Rejex on the front of the car and it worked great. Bugs washed off much easier. Trip gets really nice once you get by D.C. going south.

BB

My trip was very recent, late part of december. Drove from Temecula, CA to Tampa, FL and back. 2526 miles one way. My 2012 GS is superchargerged with the TVS2300 unit by hennessey, last dynojet after some adjustments were 567 rwhp. For a great portion of the trip i averaged 24mpg highway but overall trip was about 21-22mpg highway. I just used the on board computer data i was gathering. the whole trip cost me about $846 in gas with a trip average speed of 76mph. it helps that AZ and NM have 75 mph on the I-10 and most of texas is 80mph in the I-10.

I love driving my GS on road trips but the seats kill me on long drives. My C-5 seats were way more comfortable.
Great comment!! My C5 had all kinds of seat bells and whistles but after about 3 hours, I was squirming and rearranging all the time.

The 09 Z51 seats were comfortable for 12 hours, then the mind ran out! :D

Leaving tomorrow AM from Clearwater FL, thru Indpls and on to Sault St Marie, then across UP and down to home thru Chicago, Memphis, Apalachicola FL. Taking the '13 Grans Sport. This is the first long run, so I'm excited to see how it handles and what kind of road mileage I get. :upthumbs

Btw, going to need tires when I get home. Been looking for a GS Tire thread, but haven't found it yet. I went with non run-flat BFGs on the 09 but that style is not avail in GS sizes. Any suggestions? :ugh

Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ or A/S 4+ - great all year tire. High tread wear rating, works when the temps are below 40 and is good in the rain.

Do you think MM-C5 waited five and a half years for your reply?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you think MM-C5 waited five and a half years for your reply?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OMG That is REALLY FUNNY! :rotfl:happyanim::L:L

Pretty sure I did get Michelins. The UP trip was AWESOME, except for having no "escape" room and running over a dead skunk! :mad Thank goodness the next couple hundred miles was in the rain and finally washed the underside and smell. Just a note here ~ wives do not take kindly to skunk smell! :boogie

5 more years, and I should have a C8!

OMG That is REALLY FUNNY! :rotfl:happyanim::L:L

except for having no "escape" room and running over a dead skunk! :mad Thank goodness the next couple hundred miles was in the rain and finally washed the underside and smell. Just a note here ~ wives do not take kindly to skunk smell! :boogie

Hi'ya Tom...…..

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT2WEcf8GQs[/FONT]

Hi'ya Tom...….. [FONT=&quot]It's got so it seems to me that the Internet has created a lot more Horses A$$'s than we have Horses!

[/FONT]
LMAO!! Hey Junk! Well, you can see I don't get in here much. I hope you had WonderFilled Holidays and that your 2020 will be Spectacular!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom