Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Roadster Bars

E. J.

Corvette
2015 Blade Silver convert
I just bought a, like new, 2000 Roadster with less than 8000 miles. It was owned by a 70 year old man who just picked up his 2002 coupe that same day. I waited 2 weeks for his car to come in on trade.

I really like the appearance of the roadster bars, sold by Eckler's and a few other mail order houses.

Has anyone installed them on their roadster. How do they attach.

A similar looking product sells for half the price under the name, seat back hoops. Howdo they differ from the roadster bars, and how are they attached.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Ed

EJ -

I, too, have a Y2k vert. I installed the 'hoops' and they look GREAT! In fact, now that other club members have seen them, our local 'Corvette Care' has been inundated with installs.

Mine bolted to the riser behind the seats. There is a template supplied with the hoops so you do not drill through the gas tanks! Otherwise, the carpet covers the flanges and the install looks like the 'real thing'. But you know, they are only an appearence-thing?

Here's a pic:

BigByrd
y2k Navy vert
a few mods . . .:w

So they don't help for support in case of a roll over. Not like the Vette will roll over because they have a low center of gravity. I was just wondering.

Dan,

They are just for looks.

Re: Safety because of 'low center of gravity'?

Do you mean like Indy, NASCAR, etc. don't have roll overs or that they don't have a low center of gravity? I meant to clarify that if anyone thought the hoops/bars were anything other than appearence, they were not. Perhaps a new vette owner, having just purchased his first convertible might think these hoops would provide protection in the event of an impact. Nada, nope, not!

BigByrd;)

Thanks for the response Lenny.

Thats what I wanted to here. Just how they install.
I am aware of them being just decorative, but that is an important point to make.

Your car looks great. That front shot really shows off the Z-06 screens, and chrome wheels, but I was hoping for a better shot of the bars.

Thanks again

Ed

Photo of Hoop Install

EJ

Here is a better photo taken during the install.

You are looking from behind the drivers seat. The carpet has been removed and the driver's hoop is being installed ( two bolts through riser are visible). It is very important to use the template supplied as the fuel tanks are located within these risers.

Good luck.

BigByrd
:)

Lenny,
Thanks for your response. I was just asking because my friend wanted to know. I have a coupe so I don't need to worry about the hoops. He is thinking about a convertible, and he wants some ideas on how to make some changes. He likes the hoops and wanted to know if they were just for looks or for looks and safety. I figured they were there just for looks, and they look good too by the way. Thanks.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom