Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rodchester Q-Jet

H

Hijinx

Does anyone know where I can get a Rodchester Q-Jet or two cheap? I rebuilt mine this weekend and want to get another one for parts and to setup as more of a race carb. I found that putting any of my Holley's or Edelbrocks on tend to hit the EGR. So, I want to put together a few Q-Jets for different driving. Let me know. Old junkers or simi-working units would be fine. I dont want to spend a mint. Thanks all.

H

Hijinx

I found out some interesting info today on stock Q-Jets and the AIR (smog pump) systems that I did not know. I rebuilt my Q-Jet because it was running rich and burning a lot of fuel. The AIR pump was not working when I bought my Vette. I plan to pull it off soon. I read in an Rodchester book I have that the factory carbs were calibrated to run richer than non-AIR equipped cars. Therefore, with mine not working the car will run rich, no matter what. That is unless I go to a different carb. This is another reason I am looking for Rodchesters. I want to find a pre-AIR carb to swap out mine with. Thought I would pass this along. Many of you may already know this, but I didnt.:eyerole

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom