Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Roll bars

tsarbar

Corvette
Riverside Red 63 F.I. Coupe, Torch Red 61 w/540
Anyone have a source for a sweet looking NHRA approved roll bar for a C1?

I always liked the Moon detachable roll bar available from Moon Equipment Co in the late 50s to 60s. Hasn't been available in a long time. I wonder if Moon still has the blueprints for it or would make them on request?

It was a loop that fit under the hardtop with a brace bar that went from a bracket in the center of the top bar down to a bracket on the passenger floor (frame X member). Easy to remove if you had a passenger. The rear loop went down next to the door lock pillars through the area where the soft top frame mounts and attached to frame mounted brackets. You could get it painted or chrome. Old NHRA and SCCA cars used these but they probably wouldn't pass today. Also requires removal of the soft top. You might try Alston Chassis (Jegs is a dealer for Alston roll cages and frames ect.) but I'll bet you will have to have a shop fabricate one.

Tom

Hey Chris, it just dawned on me that Richie Okamoto knows and recommends somebody for custom roll bar work and he's local. I'll try to remember to get the name the next time I talk to Richie. ;)

_ken :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom