Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Roof

V

vettenut08

My 2008 developed a creaking an popping sound. The local dealership replaced the roof latches with re-designed latched. They told me my extended warranty di not apply so I had to pay $353 & change. I am NOT happy and would like to know why the warranty did not apply.

My roof was replaced via recall for 2006 MY cars.

OP~ there may be a TSB or something on the flying roof recall. Granted, your issue was latches and I don't know if there's a TSB/recall for the latches. Be sure to keep them lubricated.

I had all the various recall/tsb work done on my '06 coupe. When done, the top did a lot of squeaking & popping. Of all the things I have done this has been the most effective:

1. Thoroughly clean the seals.
2. Thoroughly clean the surfaces where the seals make contact.
3. Put some WD40 on a clean cloth and wipe/rub it on all the surfaces just cleaned.

Mine hasn't made any noise in the two months since. Hoping for the best.

My 2008 developed a creaking an popping sound. The local dealership replaced the roof latches with re-designed latched. They told me my extended warranty di not apply so I had to pay $353 & change. I am NOT happy and would like to know why the warranty did not apply.

Do you read the warranty's information on what repairs are covered? That will also list exceptions.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom