Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rookie Appearance Questions

napacruzerC5 said:
I agree. ZAINO, Zaino, Zaino - do the whole thing - wash, claybar, wash, Z5, Z6, Z2, Z6. Then wash, Z2, Z6 thereafter every other month or so. Sometimes just Z6 after a wash when you want a little more shine.
Thanks napacruzerC5 and Calvins, the Zaino is in the UPS truck as I write this! I found thier website pretty explanatory, and the Detailing thread, that I didn't know about when I started this one :duh , is loaded with good info. So after all the messages you folks put together, I orderd the Zaino and eagerly wait for it. Not sure what I'm more anxious about, that liquidity look, or getting my hands all over my baby:dance .

Thanks everyone.

:w

:w Congratualtion on your purchase and welcome aboard CAC. You get some really good advice here, it is really neat just chatting with other C-5 owners. I just purchased a Black C-5 Coupe with a 6-speed about 4 months ago, pretty well got it stored for the winter now due to the winters here in the north can't wait for March to get it back out again. smile ever time I drive it, nothing like driving a Vette, NOTHING! Corvette just says AMERICA to me and makes me proud to be one and drive where ever I decide!

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND THE MEN AND WOMEN OF THE US MILITARY who protect my right to own one and drive it just about anywhere I want to!!!! iF WE WANT TO KEEP IT THAT WAY WE BETTER THINK LONG AND HARD WHO WE VOTE FOR THIS NEXT TUESDAY. BE INFORMED AND VOTE YOUR CONSCIENCE! I will not ever use this forum to campaign for my choice, just cast an informed VOTE that is what AMERICA from most countries! Tell a veteran thanks. If you can read this thank a teacher, but thank a veteran :patfor protecting our rights and way of life that we hold so dear. . . . . .
Bill

silver98 said:
Hi Everyone, Just pickep up my 98 Sebring Silver 6 speed. My first! Its been a long time comin'. I would first like to provide a standing ovation to everyone; I read the saga of TheBlueVette. I've been to Advance Auto, AutoZone and Pep Boys looking for paint and leather appearance products, and I've read the owner's manual. How about some of you show car folks sharing a little know how. This will be a driver, because that's what Vettes are for, right?, but I want it to look great, and the Sebring Silver, well, I don't believe there is a lot of pigment in silver / gray paints. Again I applaud you all for the outstanding support and community you gave the Dave during his saga. ps: I'll be doing my own oil changes :w

I'm a 6 yr Navy guy myself, and completely agree with your sentiments about our men and women in uniform! God Bless them and the United States of America!

silver98 said:
Thanks napacruzerC5 and Calvins, the Zaino is in the UPS truck as I write this! I found thier website pretty explanatory, and the Detailing thread, that I didn't know about when I started this one :duh , is loaded with good info. So after all the messages you folks put together, I orderd the Zaino and eagerly wait for it. Not sure what I'm more anxious about, that liquidity look, or getting my hands all over my baby:dance .

Thanks everyone.

:w
Did a quick Z2, Z6 after washing both the vette and the daily driver Nissan Altima last weekend. I'll claybar the Altima come spring after the rains. No need to clay the vette for awhile. Remember use very little and give it the whole system the first time out. May take over a day but well worth it for the future.

napacruzerC5 said:
No need to clay the vette for awhile. Remember use very little and give it the whole system the first time out. May take over a day but well worth it for the future.
I hope you were talking about your vette. I clay'ed my vette, and the difference was amazing! I only got one coat of polish (Z2 and Z6) on it though. Need to do more, maybe this wekend. Zaino is awesome.

Joe

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom