Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Rough idle/cooling temp sensor??

riversidedan

Corvette
looking for a 85
Rough idle when stopped/cts??

Was just out giving the 92 some excersize tonite and noticed when at a light the idle was rough but when I put it in neutral it was ok, it was also ok going down the road.
this was the 1st time since I got the car it happened. When I first had it inspected noticed the "cooling temp sensor" was on the too-do list so wondering if that has anything to do with the rough idle??

UPDATE>>>>>>>>>the day after the problem started and was just out for drive ,now we got a problem.
was at At light the car started acting rough, put it in neutral and it died and was hard to start again, any suggestions???

Last edited:
codes??

just run a scan and it pointing to the CTS which is what I suspected, also the shop I had the inspection done noted too. Have also noticed the car smelling hot after its been driven awhile......anyway no code noted today and said theyd have to dig into it
question is , can a bad CTS make the car run rough?

Last edited:
just run a scan and it pointing to the CTS which is what I suspected, also the shop I had the inspection done noted too. Have also noticed the car smelling hot after its been driven awhile......anyway no code noted today and said theyd have to dig into it
question is , can a bad CTS make the car run rough?

The Engine Coolant Temperature sensor is one of the sensors used by the computer to determine the fuel mixture. It's screwed into the passenger side of the water pump. It has a two pin connector with a Yellow wire and a Black wire. You can examine the connector wires and verify the sensor isn't leaking.

You can monitor the sensor by continually pressing the gauges button on the driver info center until you see Coolant displayed down towards the bottom of the speedometer LCD. An indication the sensor is bad is the temperature jumps around or is displaying the wrong temperature compared to the dash temperature gauge. The dash water temperature gauge usually reads 10F-15F higher than coolant displayed in the LCD.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom