Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Route 66 Road Trip in a RF Z06

Wow!
Very cool photos.

I snagged a few to upload here for people who don't have snapfish accounts.

Thanks, I forgot about the sign in requirement. I must have a cookie, don't have to sign in.

A Corvette and Route 66... I love it!

Thanks for sharing Rich - and congrats on your new Vette!

:w Jane Ann

What a gorgeous Vette!

Congratulations!

SAVE THE :w

OK! I think this link will work for road trip pics.

http://picasaweb.google.com/AZcatbert/Z06Delivery

The first, really dark pic, is my blue C6 covered with snow after driving all day in sleet, rain and snow on the way to pick up the new car. It was taken in Amarillo on April 13th.

What a beautiful car Rich. I'm sure it's a blast to drive. I'd really be interested in your driving impressions going from the base C6 to the Z06.

Leon

The car is way tighter than the regular C6 - not a rattle, creak or pop. The fixed roof has fixed a flex issue I didn't realize the regular C6 had. It's also faster than snot. There's no horsing around on the street with this one...one wrong move, and you're in the weeds.:D Otherwise it's perfectly able to cruise and profile, just like the C5s and 6s. Road fuel mileage started out at <18 mpg, but was at >27 by the time I got home. The motor was, obviously, waaaaaay tight. I dumped the oil as soon as I got home, and both sump drain plug magnets were very caked with fine iron powder, and the oil was black! With 8 quarts of Royal Purple, it now runs loose, and revs quickly. An early oil change is a good idea on any Vette, but seems really important on the Z06.

On the road nobody pays attention to the RF edition - except other Vette drivers. I met three neighbors (all Vette owners) who, all of a sudden, needed to welcome me to the "hood" - I've lived here 4 years.

All in all, it's probably a better driver than the regular C6. Just my opinion.:upthumbs

Thanks for the review and feedback. I'd love to get into a C6 but it's just not the right time for me.

And Happy Birthday Rich! :)

Leon

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom