Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Rubber pad and insulator for rear spring

NuclearBob

Corvette
1981 Beige Coupe
I'm putting the rear suspension back together this weekend and I want to replace the insulator pad and rubber that goes between the rear spring and the differential. The existing parts are really worn. Does anyone know where I can get new/repro parts? I called Doc Rebuild and they were helpful, but didn't carry what I needed. I'd rather not go the "Bubba" route if I can avoid it...:eek:hnoes

Thanks in advance for your insights....

If I'm correct a vulcanizing method was used to "glue" the rubber to the composite spring. Mine also fell apart and a replacement was nowhere to be found. It was the rubber attached to a new spring but not separate. Finally the shop placed a rubber piece between the diff and spring. I looked like the rubber was trying to get out so after a year I replaced the entire spring. Another thing, my spring wasn't good anymore so replacing was the best option.

Groeten Peter

Vette Brakes and products may have the part you are looking for.

Call Pattie at 727-345-5292 or e-mail pattie@vbandp.com

Good suggestion, but no luck. They only carry the insulators that mate up with their products. I think I'm going to have to try and make something that works...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom