Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rubbing it in?

When can you start washing your Vette?

• Tomorrow

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Next Week

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Two Weeks

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Next Month

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Probaby a Month or more

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
D

DetailingDude

Would it be rubbing it in if I said that tomorrow I am going to be washing in my shorts .... on the front lawn in my bare feet with the sun beating down on me and the birds chirping?

What is the wheather like where you are?

How long until you can start washing your 'Vette in the sun in your shorts?

Nice, real Nice!

You really know how to hurt a guy. Here in New Jersey it will be 50 degree's but l will be working in NYC.

But last Sunday l was at the beach and it was crowded. Nobody was in the water yet!!!!!!!!!!!!

40 today but still can't see my blacktop driveway and more snow forecast for Wednesday. Forecast for Saturday and Sunday is mid 50's with a chance of wonderful, blessed, road salt removing rain.

I gotta move somewhere where winter only means the grass doesn't grow as fast.

Eugene

Today it was in the upper 60's........I washed and waxed mine........Gleaming for sure.......still some cold weather ahead, but maybe not many here in Tennessee......:upthumbs

Yesterday was a perfect blue sky day for a wash and some Zaino, but I couldn't get to the second coat. Today was just as incredible so I thought I'd do it today along with replacing the driver side headlamp actuator. However, some house repairs took longer than anticipated...go figure.

I don't think I can play hooky from work again just to wax the 'vette.

:w

There's no option for "Yesterday" :D
And I just found out the watering ban was lifted back in December!! I've been washing and feeling guilty for 3 months :L
Actually I've been working on bits and pieces of it for 2 days and hope to extend it for another 2. By the time I'm done it will be time to start over again :s

They are callin for warmer weather here in Indiana later this week. No vette to wash but I'll probally clean the s 10 up real good

Daryllawman, What part of TN are you from?

It is going to hit the mid 50s this weekend. here in CT. Too bad I will be in Minneapolis on a quick business trip. Maybe, just maybe winter is coming to an end in this part of the world?!! We still have lots of snow on the ground, plenty of salt & sand.

Got up to 80 the last 2 days here. I have been washing on a weekly basis since we got the 96 in December. Got a parade to do this weekend, so Friday or Saturday morning I will be doing a thorough job!

It's been 70s, give or take, for the better part of the last few weeks here.

Of course they are predicting rain for tomorrow, but what do CA weather guys know anyway! :D

colorado springs

it is actually gonna be in the 60s today at the AFA... but there is no way i have the time to wash my car during the week.. we have other activities going on this weekend, so no luck washing then.. :(

spring break begins next weekend (22 march), so i think the next time i wash my corvette will be when i go back to texas the last week of this month.....

Geof

I still have 4-5 ft of snow in the from lawn... -10 to -20 on average... and the poor vette is bundled up in storage... at least a month to 2 months before i can think of bringing it out...

Its warm here in Australia....washed the car naked...hahah...getting ready for a all American show and shine on the weekend

:booty

Derek said:
Its warm here in Australia....washed the car naked...hahah...
:booty
I bet your neighbors must have been quite entertained!

Derek said:
I have high fences,so I was safe...lol

Sure you do, but what about the Russian Spy Plane photographs that have been circulating around the Internet the last 24 hours?

The weather....

It's been getting better and better everyday here in central Illinois.
I've already had the Vette out for a couple of day trips.
Since I bought a car cover last year, I didn't even have to clean her up. (God - I love that cover)

I'll be waxing and detailing her Saturday getting ready for the first Car Show on Sunday.

Now that I think of it, - I haven't waxed since early last year, the "Detailing Sprays" (Show and Shine) is all I used, and after spending last last few months in winter storage, I impressed how well this stuff works.

last weekend my dad and i spent 24 man hours making it PERFECT. ahh but of course once you clean it the old guy has to drive it despite rain forcasts...and guess what it does...but tomorrow it gets a bath again

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom