Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rubbing on passenger front side

gmhowe

Corvette
1985 4+3 black cpe & 96 LT1 CE
After picking up my 96 Collector Edition, every time I turn left or on the highway any slight left turn can hear a rubbing sound from the Front Passenger side, popped the hood and can see no marks at all. CNV Corvettes here in Tempe, AZ have replaced the Wheel Hub twice and have some other parts on order, but just thought I would check to see what my friends here might know. Another thing is that I can feel vibration in the steering wheel and also at high speeds the tire feels like its bouncing. They have done the alignment and balancing.
Any help would be appreciated since I would like to take if out for a long drive.
G

left front tire rub.

My 96 rubs front left but seems to be more noticeable when backing up. You have the 5 spoke factory wheels I assume just as I do. I hear that those wheels rub and the sawblades don't due to the offset being fractionally different. Of course tire size could also be a factor due to each manufacturer making them slightly different in width even if the size on the sidewall is numerically the same.

After picking up my 96 Collector Edition, every time I turn left or on the highway any slight left turn can hear a rubbing sound from the Front Passenger side, popped the hood and can see no marks at all. CNV Corvettes here in Tempe, AZ have replaced the Wheel Hub twice and have some other parts on order, but just thought I would check to see what my friends here might know. Another thing is that I can feel vibration in the steering wheel and also at high speeds the tire feels like its bouncing. They have done the alignment and balancing.
Any help would be appreciated since I would like to take if out for a long drive.
G

Actually after taking it back twice, they finally fixed it, seems some suspension part outta wack, but all better now. Amazing after the first time they had 3 guys test drive it and said it was all better, but I only had to drive ti 1/2 mile and turned around and took it back with the problem still there.

Do your tires rub at all when backing up and wheel turned full lock either way?

Actually after taking it back twice, they finally fixed it, seems some suspension part outta wack, but all better now. Amazing after the first time they had 3 guys test drive it and said it was all better, but I only had to drive ti 1/2 mile and turned around and took it back with the problem still there.

No not at all, I only had the driver front side problem

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom