Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Run Flats Ran Flat

Avitar

ABC, if that is your girlfriend you are on lucky son of a *****. :)

The factory manual states 30 PSI max. Use a tire gage to set them at 30, after driving a few blocks they should read 30 PSI. If you inflate them to more then recommended you run the risk of wearing out the center of the tire. I think that is what is causing a lot of the poor and uneven wear problems. 32-35 PSI probably should be the max pressure without causing uneven wear. The 30 PSI on the door was probably chosen for the most comfort and quietest ride and best gas mileage compromise.

I had the exact same problem with a screw in center of my LR, I noticed it coming out of a bar last week, just happened to look at my tire and there it was a shinny silver screw with a built in washer. I just left it there for 2 days as the pressure read 27 PSI like all the other tires. After 2 days it read 22 so I drove it to NTB and they had no trouble plugging it. It cost $50.00 and took about 45 min. Runs like new. I think run flats are a great idea but I will probably try Dunlop's next time and invest in a portable air compressor. I don't know why GM doesn't build one right into the car like they have done with Pontiac for several years. Just push a button and inflate your tires to a desired pressure. :eyerole Oh well, maybe on the C7.:)

If it wasn't leaking would you still have removed it?

leak

Of course, I just didn't have the time when I first saw it, you would have to be nuts to drive around with a screw in your tire!

P.S. Or if not nuts, a woman.;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom