Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

runflats

Depends what you mean by better.

After reduced road noise and more power, the third thing a C5 owner stepping up to the sixth-generation Vette will notice is a nicer ride. A significant reduction in harshness was achieved with the new Goodyear run-flat's more compliant casing.

http://tomhenryracing.net/hibc6/ride_handling.htm

There are two types of tire availible on the 05 both are runflats. The new tires cannot be run as far as the C5 EMT tires when they are flat. C5 EMTs can go 200 miles the C6 tires can go 100 (at 50MPH)

I think the short answer is yes. The C6 runflats stick better and ride better. Goodyear has learned something in 8 years.

r.f's

ok.thanks.i think i want to go back to r.f's on my 01,but don't want the stock tires!too noisy,especially after running these toyo proxie's.i like the c6 rims too!

I don't think GY makes the C6 run-flats in the C5 sizes yet and I'm not going to buy new wheels yet either.

I can't wait too much longer either as the F1 EMT's on the 03 have 27k+ on them now and they are getting noisy.

wheels

i am seriously considering buying c6 rims/tires for the c5.should fit,and look good too!

hardnoks said:
i am seriously considering buying c6 rims/tires for the c5.should fit,and look good too!

You can get awesome deals on stock wheels from guys who have replaced them with custom wheels. I've seen polished sets go for $500-700. You may even get lucky and find a wheels/tire set cheap. Watch eBAY.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom