Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Running lights

Bagoftrix

Corvette
1990 Bright red coupe
Is it possible to run the running lights on my 90' without having my headlights come up?

Is this a test?? I'd bet money that you can figure out the answer to that question!! How about giving us a real question!!

:happyanim:

Ummmm... I'm confused. Am I supposed to know the answer to my question? Is the answer that obvious?

Dont want to unplug anything. Just didn't know if it was possible to run the car at dusk when I dont really need the headlights up, just the running lights.

​On my 93 the running lights come on with the parking lights. Does your 90 not? I'd run a seperate switch if it don't and disconnect them from the headlights.

I have a '90, C4. Just turn on the parking lights. It's the first "click" on the light switch. In that position you can also turn on the fog lights. That way you don't have to "pop up" the big headlights till it's really dark. I do this in early evening all the time. The car looks so muck sleeker without the headlights up.

You can even get white or blue colored H.I.D. bulbs(and transformers) for the fog lights from Corvette Mods(.com).

Sounds like something is up with my headlights and running lights. Headlights come up on first click which is where I'd assume would be running lights only.

Yea it does. That's a new one for me..........Will your fog lights activate independently? That may offer you a solution.

Bummer.....You may be able to change out the headlight switch if you are determined to accomplish this. But,.. it IS the law out there. So you may end up getting a ticket for it.

Do you guys really think that because he's in California, his car behaves differently than every other C4 built? Nonsense. Something is wrong with his switch. The doors shouldn't open until the second position. And they should stay up until the switch is pushed all the way in to off.

Who knows. There's all kinds of "different" things in Cal. Look at their emission controls and the associated regulations. You never know.
As I said, he may need to change out the switch. Especially if it won't go to the second position. If it does hit the second position, I'd have to consider the module.
I've personally seen a bad control module do all kind of weird things too.
Time for the FSM.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom